The Digital Transformation (DX) next generation Digital Platform architecture will accelerate the goal of achieving a common digital platform and data foundation for ASML. The NextGen Digital Platform is based on a toolkit/toolchain of state-of-the-art cloud-native, open-source components. Data engineers are critical to the success of achieving a scalable, high available, resilient and secure digital platform, complying to ASML and customer policies.
- Building out the core data infrastructure, distributed data processing (batch and stream data processing) frameworks, tooling and capabilities to support the unique needs of the suite of lithography solutions.
- Building new data engineering solutions that make high quality and trusted data available at scale.
- Increasing the speed of software development by creating phenomenal self-service platform interfaces and tooling for ASML engineers, our customers and partners.
This role reports to the Head of Data Engineering and is part of the Digital Transformation (DX) next generation Digital Platform Engineering team.
Education and Experience
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in data engineering and in software development using Go and Java with the ability to pick up new programming languages quickly.
- Significant hands-on experience with next generation big data concepts and solutions (container orchestration via Kubernetes/Docker, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, AWS), data processing frameworks and solutions (Spark, Kafka), data storage and management concepts and solutions (Object Store) and engines.
- Experience with the development of data-intensive applications.
- Familiarity with distributed data architectures.
- Familiarity with Linux and its toolset.
- Knowledge of computer networks: TCP/IP, Firewalls, DNS, SSL, etc.
- Hands-on experience with containers orchestrators like Kubernetes.
- Experience with using CI/CD pipelines across a variety of technologies.
Skills and Competencies
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Systematic problem-solving approach.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Passionate about pursuing technical excellence and mentoring engineers.
Diversity and Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- When applying please add a cover letter specifically for this position. In this cover letter we would like to learn more about you and your hands-on experience with the technical tooling required for this role. Applications without a cover letter will not be screened.
- For this position it’s possible to work (partially) hybrid within the Netherlands.
- This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.