ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
The growing complexity of our machines and our aim to deliver higher quality faster, is creating a lot of focus on the area of Engineering Simulation at ASML. In our department of IT Product and technology (IT P&T) we are looking for an experienced HPC and Cloud engineer that is challenged by driving Engineering Improvements and is able to translate this to into an operational environment for data engineering, data science and numerical simulation.
Co-Develop, implement, deploy and maintain the HPC/HPDA (Data analytics) stack at ASML in close co-operation with the internal customer and the HPC/HPDA team. This job is focused on elevating the HPDA stacks (worldwide) to a higher level of automation, introducing cloud technologies in the stack and expanding the HPDA platform towards the cloud.
As HPC/HPDA engineer you will maintain the HPC/HPDA cluster and its components. You will work within a DevOps team together with the other system engineers and application benchmark specialists to:
- Implement new features/technologies and optimize the current HPDA setup;
- Identify usability bottlenecks and drive the architectural evolution of the system to maximize application manageability and performance;
- Make the automation pipelines available to the rest of the team and integrate them with the current way of working.
Your main focus area will be on automation, introducing cloud technologies in the stack and expanding the HPDA platform towards the cloud.
Besides this your responsibilities include:
- Define improvement proposals that focus on usability and stability of the setup;
- Implement such proposals;
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
At least master level or equivalent in computer science and/or Engineering.
Particularly relevant areas of expertise might include;
- At least 2 years of relevant experience operating large scale computational infrastructures
- Good knowledge of HPC/HPDA or cloud environments
- Good knowledge in the area of automation (CI/CD, ansible, Jenkins, Ansible Tower, Azure DevOps, Puppet, Terraform…)
- Good Experience with GitOps and Devops way of working.
- Good experience with cloud technologies services (IaaS, Paas).
- Experience with cloud deployment in Azure/GCP.
- Good knowledge of K8S deployment on prem and its components.
- Good knowledge of container technologies (docker, podman, singularity).
- Good knowledge of on prem cloud services (e.g. Openstack, Vmware).
- Experience with Bright Cluster manager is a pre
- Highly motivated team player
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude
- Open to communicate and share opinions Independent, accurate, systematic approach, problem solving
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language
Context of the position
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. As part of the product development of these complex machines, virtual physics simulation is used to validate the design against certain sets of requirements before moving into physical prototyping and production.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT
infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is IT Product and Technology (IT P&T); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s Research and Development & Engineering (D&E) organizations. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML.
IT P&T supports multiple development disciplines such as: mechanical, optical, electrical and software engineering. The HPC and cloud engineer we are looking for will be part of the HPDA team which provides these disciplines with a High performing environment to perform virtual simulations and Data analytics work. You will report to the Group Leader for Engineering Simulation ART of IT P&T – Hardware department.
To attract and retain the best people, we have a competitive employment conditions package.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the dedication of a company that recognizes and rewards extraordinary performance.
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
We will only consider applications that are accompanied by a motivation letter explaining to us why you think you are the right candidate for the job.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.