As a Team Lead Model Engineering you are managing a team of model engineers within the credit and ALM risk modelling domain. Your team (10-20) consists of risk professionals who combine a quantitative and risk background (at Msc or Phd level) with profound implementation skills. Your team members work in Agile Scrum teams in various modelling domains. You will bring the model engineering profession, the team and each individual to its next level. With you as a Team Lead Model Engineering, you can make a difference by:
Making a difference
- Continuous improvement of model engineering profession.
- Establish a uniform way of working within the team.
- HR responsible with focus on performance and health.
- Providing individual coaching on the job (expertise and skills).
- Constitute training programme for model engineers.
- Recruitment of internal and external candidates.
- Act as a Model Engineering chapter lead for the various Agile Scrum teams.
- Member of the Risk Model Engineering Management Team.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Risk Model Engineering team, which is positioned within Risk Analytics department, brings talented people together to implement Rabobank’s Credit Risk and ALM models at Group level (Utrecht based). With you as Team Lead Model Engineering, the team will consist of 30 colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
Kasper Akkermans, Risk Model Engineer: “The best place to be if you want to understand both the technical and the functional side of modelling.”
Storytelling, coaching, emotional intelligence, and complex problem solving are clearly essential skills for the Team Lead Model Engineering. In addition, it’s important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- Finished Master degree in Computer Science, Applied Science or related field.
- You have 8+ years of relevant working experience in financial or related industry.
- Experience in managing small teams of professionals.
- Experience in risk model implementation (data and programming).
Growing a better world together
You’ll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our “Growing a better world together’ mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organisations that are a second home to many people.
- We provide 500 million Euros in financing to the Dutch education sector annually because, after all, good education is the bedrock of tomorrow’s society.
- With the Rabobank Foundation, we support social enterprises. This gives people experiencing barriers entering the labour market the opportunities they deserve, and helps them to participate fully in our society.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross yearly salary between scale €55k and €90k (depending upon experience)
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (8% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we’re looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Team Lead Model Engineering and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Apply via the “Apply” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Nariem Chotkan, Senior Recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via +31 612 46 19 15 or Nariem.Chotkan@Rabobank.nl.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That’s why we want to know who you really are!
Acquisition further to this vacancy is not appreciated