bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform. Our e-commerce company launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. We are already active in six countries: the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, UK, France and Denmark. Next step? to conquer Europe… and then the world. Our goal? To become the first global flower brand in the lifestyle segment, filling hearts and homes with happiness. One bouquet at a time.
What will you do?
As a software engineer in the data infrastructure team you’re at the heart of bloomon’s tech team. You ensure that all the data that is created by our business processes, either within our own tech environment or within third party tools, is uploaded to the data warehouse, and is ready for analysis by one of our data analysts.
You will be responsible for:
- Technical setup and management of our data infrastructure, including data warehouse
- Creating and maintaining pipeline setup from a wide variety of different data sources
- Ensuring the infrastructure’s scalability, availability, performance, security, and cost efficiency
- Enabling data analysts to create dashboards and analysis relevant to the business
- Development of API’s and manages the network connections between the different elements of the technical data infrastructure (servers, reporting tools, etc)
- Design and implement low-maintenance, high quality ETL processes
- Actively participates in Tech developments to ensure new features and developments translate into data
What do we expect from you?
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- A real team player with good communication skills
- With love for engineering and drive to improve his/her own skills
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Excellent programming skills (preferably Python or Ruby, Go)
- Experience with system architecture design
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases (Mysql/PostgreSQL, Redis, etc)
- Experience with containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with cloud platforms (GCP, AWS)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with manipulating and analyzing data is a plus
- Experience with BigData is a plus
- Experience with Unix system administration is a plus
- Experience with data visualization software (Tableau, Data Studio) is a plus
Becoming part of bloomon means becoming a trendsetter. We make sure that we not only spread happiness amongst our customers, but also to our employees. We believe diversity creates uniqueness. Our diverse international team of highly talented people has different interests and hobbies and we support them all. Healthy lifestyle? Gym membership. Yoga? Sure, join our Thursday morning practice. Want to learn Dutch? Absolutely, we offer classes twice a week.
Additional bloomon benefits:
- daily fresh and healthy lunch prepared by our lovely restaurant neighbours
- a BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace
- working in a young, flexible and entrepreneurial environment
- Friday drinks and social events
- and of course lots of beautiful fresh flowers!
We all love what we do – so if you like challenges, developing new skills, growing creatively and taking initiative, you’ll feel right at home as part of the bloomon family.