The Shell.ai Residency Programme is a 2-year, full-time, immersive programme, which allows data scientist and AI engineers to gain experience working on a variety of AI projects across all Shell businesses.
The programme is hosted and organized by Shell’s Digital Centre of Expertise, part of Shell’s Technology business unit which offers the opportunity to lead the transformation of an industry. As a resident you will join our data scientists and engineers to solve real business issues using huge pools of data throughout the many businesses within Shell. We are looking for people with a passion for developing solutions with potential of unlocking more and cleaner energy. The Programme offers Residents the opportunity to collaborate with like-minded innovators, experts and mentors, while deepening technical expertise across the spectrum of AI.
What does the programme offer?
- You will work on a variety of exciting data and AI projects across Shell businesses, from our Retail network to Trading, New Energies, Refineries, Exploration, etc.
- Work together with Shell’s data science experts from Shell’s Digital Centre of Expertise and benefit from the many research collaborations with leading universities and technology companies
- A dynamic and creative working environment with colleagues from all over the world
- A substantial part of your time can be dedicated to personal development
- Successful residents may be invited for a permanent position in Shell and become one of our leading data scientists or AI engineers
Who should apply?
You should apply for this unique programme if you have a passion for data and you if like to solve real-life business issues using your skills around advanced analytics, machine learning, deep learning, data engineering or software development. You have probably around 3 years of working experience and a PhD, MSc, or BSc degree in a relevant study background, such as Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Econometrics, Computer Science, Information Technology or a Science background with relevant software development and coding skills. If you click on the apply button you will find more specific information about the roles that are available and their specific requirements.
How to apply?
Applying is easy. Click on the ‘Apply’ button for the programme in the location of your choice and follow the steps. You will receive a confirmation of your application within 48 hours. The total process may take up to 4 weeks and will give you three opportunities to get to know Shell and the programme and to talk about your ambitions and your experiences during a telephone interview, an online assessment and a coding test.
The Residency Programme is hosted in Houston, Boston, San Francisco, or Amsterdam. Depending on individual project requirements and locations, domestic and/or international travel to other Shell locations may be required.