As a Senior Risk Model Engineer you are the leading expert within a team assigned to specific risk models. In this position you’ll be the linking pin between developers of risk models and the IT organisation. As a Senior Risk Model Engineer, you can make a difference by:
Making a difference
- Translating the model requirements to functional implementations in Python.
- Assessing the program code that’s been developed by the team.
- Participating in meetings with stakeholders (a.o. model development, IT organization, model validation, external accountant and regulators).
- In case of unexpected calculation results, you perform analysis on the cause together with the team.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Risk Model Engineering team brings talented people together to implement Rabobank’s Credit Risk and ALM models at Group level. With you as a Senior Risk Model Engineer, the team will consist of 20 colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
Kasper Akkerman, Risk Model Engineer: “The best place to be if you want to understand both the technical and the functional side of modelling.”
Customer focus, autonomous, result orientated and coaching are clearly essential for the role of Senior Risk Model Engineer. In addition, it’s important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- You have a finished master degree or PhD in Econometrics, Applied Science or a related field;
- You have proven experience in developing and implementing risk models;
- You have practical experience with the use of large-scale complex data files;
- You have practical experience in independent programming of calculation functionality (preferably in Python);
- You have experience in Agile working with professional IT teams;
- You have experience with the content management of small teams with professionals.
Growing a better world together
You’ll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our ‘Growing a better world together’ mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organisations that are a second home to many people.
- We provide 500 million Euros in financing to the Dutch education sector annually because, after all, good education is the bedrock of tomorrow’s society.
- With the Rabobank Foundation, we support social enterprises. This gives people experiencing barriers entering the labour market the opportunities they deserve, and helps them to participate fully in our society.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary between €4338,85 and €7458,51;
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (9 or 10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we’re looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Senior Risk Model Engineer and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht via the ‘Apply‘ button.
Good to know:
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact William Verkooijen, Head of Risk Model Engineering on +31 651 867 964 or William.Verkooijen@rabobank.nl.
- Mohamed Chaaibi, Senior Recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via +31 623 361 465 or Mohamed.Chaaibi@Rabobank.nl.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That’s why we want to know who you really are!
Acquisition further to this vacancy is not appreciated