Senior Data Architect
As a Senior Data Architect with Azure knowledge you will deeply engage with our customers to understand their architecture and operations, and work to continuously improve their overall Azure support experience. We make sure that you work on meaningful and longstanding projects in various domains. Additionally, you will be part of our Data unit. As a Senior Data Architect, you collaborate with Data Engineers, Developers and Architects to:
- Engineer complex Azure cloud infrastructures for our customers.
- Support our Azure customers to resolve critical and complex technical issues leveraging your deep technical and product expertise along with your understanding of our customer’s needs.
- Lead technical customer engagements.
- Move customers to the ‘data warehousing in the cloud’ attitude.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, strong communication skills and the ability to develop strategic ongoing customer relationships. The close relationships developed with our customers will empower you to understand their business/operational needs and technical challenges and help them achieve the greatest value from Azure.
- Collaborate with Azure engineering teams to not only support but deliver solutions and new capabilities for our customers most mission-critical Azure deployments.
- Apply an engineering mindset to eliminate top issues impacting customer experience across large and strategic sets of customers.
- Participate in recruiting, mentoring, and ramping up of new Azure Cloud Engineers.
- Develop and present training for the Azure Cloud Engineering team.
- Act as a technical escalation point within the team. Participate in case triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and develop efficient customer solutions. Consistently share best practices with team members and help create a knowledge base article to solve/workaround that issue.
- Operational Excellence: Work with leadership on process improvement, operational efficiency, and strategic initiatives.
What the ideal candidate looks like?
- Preferable 5-10 years’ experience in a technical position. Desired degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent Experience.
- Dutch speaking is a big plus.
- Certification in Microsoft and/or competing Cloud Technologies is desired.
- Vast experience in the Design and Architecture of Data Platforms.
- Azure Data Platform: Azure SQL Server, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Data Bricks, Azure Synapse, Hadoop.
- Azure Core Platform: Compute, Storage, Network.
- Azure Application Development or support experiences with Azure PaaS services (Redis Cache, Service Bus, Event Hub, Cloud Service, IoT suite, etc.).
- AKS or Kubernetes engineering desirable.
- Identity and Authentication: SSO/Federation, AD/Azure AD etc.
- Experience in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, Python, C#, Open Source) desired.
- Willing to present and write blogs about the fantastic technology of Microsoft data platform.
- Passion for customers and focus on delivering the right customer experience.
- To be able to lead a project team as well as able to develop the data foundation yourself.
- Has coaching skills.
- Has the ability to learn new technology in a fast-paced environment.
- And also has the ability to deal with ambiguity.
This is what we offer you, what do you think?
- An attractive employment conditions package.
- Many career-specific training and certification opportunities (We have Gold Partnerships with Google, Microsoft, Red Hat and MuleSoft).
- A great career perspective where your individual development has priority.
- A brand new lease car (or a commuting allowance).
- A bonus system
- Technical Communities
Finally, we are simply proud to welcome new people in our open and accessible culture. Together we are constantly exploring and implementing new technologies and you can sit and work next to our CTO and technology influencer peers.
Who are we?
Devoteam delivers Innovative Technology Consulting for Business across the EMEA region. Everyday our 7.500+ professionals are dedicated to ensuring our clients win their digital battles. In the Netherlands we have about 250 experts that work at our clients (from RTL, Rabobank, VodafoneZiggo to various governmental institutions, and more) every day to create value for them by applying technology. At Devoteam we believe in Technology For People. This mission means that we apply technology in a way where it has a positive impact on people, organizations, and our society.
In addition, we have Gold Partnerships with Google, Red Hat and Microsoft. If you join us, we will ensure that you will be continuously trained and certified with these cutting-edge technologies. This means that you will always operate on the forefront of innovation! Do you want to know more about what it’s like to work at Devoteam Netherlands? Have a look at our company culture page: joindevoteam.nl.
Agency calls are not appreciated.