At a glance
At ABN AMRO, there are many data streams and we facilitate many customer interactions: for example: interactions with the bank on the website, via chat, video calling, telephony, campaigns or NPS customer feedback.
As Senior Data Analyst business banking, you work in a team of 16 driven data analysts on complex BI & Analytics challenges for other teams in the bank that support our business customers. We work on many topics related to our business customers from performance management insights, interactions with the bank on the website, via chat, video calling, telephony, campaigns to customer feedback. You and your colleagues work together to help the organisation to provide insights and analysis about our customers.
As a Senior Data Analyst you are working on 2-3 big projects together with other data analysts in the team. You are responsible for translating stakeholder questions to BI & Analytics solutions, defining requirements and (SQL) source code for the data transformations, build PowerBI dashboards, doing deep dive data analysis, defining self-service BI solutions and presenting results to stakeholders.
You also support other colleagues in the team to improve their skills and supporting with their projects.
With the rest of your team you own and maintain a data platform where we build a business-oriented data layer with data about our customers and our organisation. This data layer is re-used across many use-cases. We are also collaborating with other data teams to develop data products and services such as self-service BI, customer journey analytics and data driven culture.
The Business Banking team is focussed on supporting the digital organisation and the business banking teams in the bank. The business banking segment services clients, from small self-employed companies to medium size organisations. Our deliverables/projects include topics like:
- Performance Management: insights to achieve their objectives
- Voice of the Customer program: build selections, deep dives, dashboards
- Segmentation analysis: analyse customer segments as input to the segment teams
- Sales process analysis: insights about the digital and human interactions with clients as part of the sales process
- Customer journey analytics: explore journey that customers follow while interacting with the bank
- Digital analysis: provide stakeholders with a better understanding of the digital journey.
The BI & Analytics Business banking team is a team of 16 driven data analysts. We are part of a broader Centre of Expertise of 70 colleagues that is responsible for BI, Analytics, Advanced Analytics and AI. Together we work on projects across our segments, from consumers, to wealthy individuals, small businesses to large corporations.
The team consists of 16 data enthusiasts that are eager to work on complex data challenges. We collaborate a lot and help each other with data challenges, we all are eager to learn and develop ourselves. We work hybrid, team members work at least one day per week from our headquarters in Amsterdam. Many team members work from the office multiple days per week, combined with data fuelled knowledge sharing, lunch or fun activities after work.
You are customer focused, perfectionist with a pragmatic mindset and thrive in a complex and hectic environment. As BI specialist you have experience with reporting on topics like: customer interactions, segmentation, commercial insights, customer satisfaction (NPS, CES), online interactions, CRM, processes, campaigns or contact center interactions. You love to collaborate with other data analysts to solve complex data problems and develop the skills of the team.
As analyst in our team you have the drive to see opportunities for improvement. You are also conscious in considering the risks and required processes in working with customer data and you ensure that we act in the best interest of our customers.
The role requires the following qualifications:
- Masters degree obtained
- Minimum of 9 years working experience as a data analyst
- Consultancy skills so you can advise stakeholders based on analysis
- Very experienced with PowerBI, SQL, Databricks, Excel and other BI tools.
- Experience in processing data for BI purposes: explore/process data, modelling, data warehouses, data quality and analysis
- PowerBI PL-300 (DA-100) certificate required.
- Experience with developing self-service BI solutions
- Experience in developing and owning intergrated datasets
- Experience in coordinating complex data projects
- Preferred: Dutch language skills / experience in working with business/B2B client data
We are offering
- Freedom to get the most out of your talents, flexible working and room for development.
- Competitive salary, based on 36 hour work week. Grading depends on knowledge and experience.
- An additional benefit budget of 11%, with which you can buy flexible employment conditions.
- A personal development budget of € 1,000 per year.
- An annual public transport season ticket, with which you can travel unlimited within the Netherlands.
- A great pension scheme.
Interested? Apply for this role! For more information contact Hugo de Vries, manager BI & Analytics Business Banking. Looking forward to meeting you!
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.