Are you looking for a role where you can fully utilize your analytical skills in order to understand and improve performance? Do you describe yourself as a gifted consultant who serves a wide range of stakeholders? Are you ready to be the focal point for preparing the business long range plan, evaluating strategic opportunities and risks, and tracking business performance improvement progress? Welcome to LyondellBasell…
Senior Business Consultant
Fulltime | Rotterdam
This is LyondellBasell
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. Our products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
This is the role
What are our strategic opportunities and risks? What is happening in the market and how can we distinguish ourselves? Questions we ask ourselves daily, and that’s where you come in.
As a Business Consultant you provide business units, functional units and senior management with economic, market, industry, process and technology analysis necessary to understand and improve performance. Your tasks will be varied and so will be your days. We need a consultant who can contribute to long range plans, evaluate strategic opportunities and risks, and track the performance improvement progress. This role really helps to drive business decisions and is the centerpiece of thinking and strategy of the business. You will collaborate with members of the Intermediates and Derivatives (I&D) commercial, operations, and finance teams often through the process of contributing to a joint work product in complex projects dealing with complex processes. You will be part of the company’s growth strategy.
This is who you are
Will you be the analytical conscience of the company? As a Sr business Consultant, you are structured, analytical and a networker by nature. You know how to connect with people on all levels and you are culture sensitive. You feel at ease in a very high visibility role with a lot of exposure to the different stakeholders within the business. You are a great communicator.
This is what you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering / Finance / Business, MBA preferred
- Eight or more years of chemical or related industry experience
- Two or more of years of planning, evaluation or business analysis experience
- Advanced analytical skills including spreadsheets, database, graphics, statistical forecasting and modeling
- Able to handle complex and often ambiguous analytical and evaluation assignments including development of models used across the global organization
- Solid information technology skills are required to access company data in support of performance management processes and to identify profitability improvement opportunities
- Fluency in English required
- Thorough understanding of corporate finance and financial modeling
- Extensive knowledge of analytical tools (IRR, payback, EVA, NPV, ROCE)
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
Our LyondellBasell competencies are the following: Builds effective teams, Collaborates, Cultivates innovation, Customer focus, Demonstrates courage, Drives results, Ensures accountability, Instills trust and exemplifies integrity.
This is what we offer
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package.
Please feel free to call Chris de Boer at +316 48375361 for more details. Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume via the application button.
Acquisition due to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Business Consultant, Consulting, Chemical Engineering, Finance, Business, MBA