Senior ALM Modeller
That we’ll give you the opportunity to put your modelling skills to work at the very core of Rabobank’s business? As a Senior ALM Modeller, you will take ownership of model development and develop solutions that satisfy our customers and ambitions. You can make a difference by leading our ALM modelling landscape into the future. You are surrounded by a diverse team of achieved professionals who create an open and fun atmosphere that stimulates your professional and personal growth.
Making a difference
- Group ALM Models is at the core of our bank. You will develop models that are deeply integrated in our business model, and applied in areas like risk management, pricing, hedging and funding. Your models impact the whole balance sheet and millions of customers, and have an important role in the bank’s strategic decision-making. Consequently, these models attract broad interest from various stakeholders throughout the bank including senior management.
- Capturing client behaviour is key. You will keep up with new techniques, state of the art statistical models and machine learning algorithms and apply your knowledge to develop models and risk metrics for different purposes, like prepayment, non-maturity deposits, capital, basis risk and Fund Transfer Pricing.
- In multidisciplinary projects, you will interact with a broad field of stakeholders inside and outside your department (e.g. Treasury, Model Validation, IT and risk departments) to understand their needs, ensure proper embedding of models and to be aware of relevant market and balance sheet developments.
- You will support decision making with thorough analyses, and account for your work through comprehensive documentation and clear communication.
- As a senior, you will be making key decisions with minimum input and explaining complex matter in a clear way to higher management, making sure a complete picture is being presented.
- You will be on the front lines proactively seeking efficiency improvements and identifying issues that transcend current projects and serve as a coaching partner for more junior colleagues with regards to their soft and hard skills.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Group ALM Models team brings talented people together to develop the next generation of ALM models that drive our business forward. With you as a Senior ALM Modeller, the team will consist of 25 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
Gergely Csapo, HR Lead: “We have an exciting and challenging modelling roadmap laid down for the next couple of years and a diverse team of nice colleagues who make the journey pleasant.”
Suzan Diris-Verheggen, Senior ALM Modeller: “Content-wise, I enjoy it that the scope of our modelling projects can be as diverse as Rabobank’s balance sheet with its many products and customers. Team-wise, I enjoy working in a young and very international team which broadens your horizon.”
If we were to ask your friends to describe you in a few key words, the answer would be: collaborative, customer-focused, being a team player and able to take on challenges with confidence and flexibility. For the position of Senior ALM Modeller, you also have:
- A Master’s degree or PhD in a quantitative field (econometrics, mathematics, physics, or similar)
- At least five years’ experience in a modelling environment, preferably in ALM
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, you are able to translate quantitative analysis into comprehensive information for higher management and business users
- Your technology stack consists of SQL, Python or similar programming languages
- You are capable of coaching colleagues and effectively coordinating multi-disciplinary projects
Growing a better world together
Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we are also working to make the world a better place? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- With the Rabobank Foundation, we support social enterprises. This gives people experiencing barriers entering the labour market the opportunities they deserve, and helps them to participate fully in our society.
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organisations that are a second home to many people.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a yearly gross salary between € 52584 and € 75120
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay.
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout.
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- flexible working times and location-independent working.
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance.
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we’re looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Senior ALM Modeller and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application via the ”Apply” button for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Jerrol Spier, Senior Recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Jerrol.Spier@Rabobank.nl.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That’s why we want to know who you really are!