An exciting challenge for a strategic change driver with an understanding of Data Management as it relates to Marketing
AkzoNobel employs the sophisticated use of data to maintain its position as a global leader for paints and coatings. To further enhance this capability we are currently introducing a PMMT (Product Master Management Tool) within our Automotive & Specialty Coatings (A&SC) business unit. A&SC provides leading coatings solutions and services to customers around the world and spans multiple market segments including Aerospace, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, and Vehicle Refinishes.
Within this context, your mission in this role is to lead the PMMT change process. In doing so you ensure the delivery of a seamless and end-to-end solution that acts as an interface between SAP as an ERP system and Master Data of products, for all brands and segments under A&SC.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a business-oriented professional with excellent project management skills and experience of strategic projects? Have you acquired a valuable understanding of Marketing and Marketing Services? Can you lead and manage complex change processes? Above all, can you make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the position of
Project Management Officer (PMO) Product Master-Data Management
The role and its responsibilities
This high-profile role is based at our large site at Sassenheim, the Netherlands. You assume responsibility for the oversight and implementation of the PMMT re-launch, aligning with all relevant stakeholders as you examine, review, redefine and redevelop the process.
This requires you to:
- Actively participate in all relevant PMMT processes, keeping all stakeholders informed at all times;
- Serve as the focal point within the Marketing Community to drive the change process and act as change agent to embed and deploy PMMT as process;
- Act as liaison between all relevant departments and functions e.g. R&D, ISC, IM, Sales and Marketing;
- Understand end-customer, segment and market needs in order to identify opportunities, improvements and unmet customer needs within the current PMMT process.
Further, you are responsible for the oversight and accountability necessary to ensure that all participants adhere to established SLAs. You also define the method and process of data collection for new or extended products in order to support upload into the SAP system, and you define the method for the input of required data into the workflow system for product market release and access.
In addition you:
- Collaborate with Product Managers to determine product specifications (packaging, labelling, fill, external vendors, etc.) for proper design to meet market needs;
- Provide monthly reporting to the A&SC Leadership Team;
- Perform root cause analysis on failures within the process that affect the KPI results and determine measures for corrections.
To apply for this position you must possess all the following attributes:
- University degree in a Business, Marketing or relevant Technical subject;
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in a similar role;
- Experience in technical paint or other color related areas is beneficial;
- Positive and ‘out of the box’ thinker, receptive to new ideas and proposals;
- Team player with stimulating communication and inter-cultural coaching skills;
- A high standard of written and spoken English.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. In addition to a good salary, you can expect excellent terms of employment including group insurance, 8% holiday allowance, travel allowance and an above industry standard number of vacation days. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application via www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 1900019E or via the ”Apply” button. If you have any questions, please contact Minke van Asperen, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
An employment screening may be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Keywords: data management, marketing, change management, projectleider, SAP, technical, international