At a glance
Do you see the importance of high quality data? Do you, like us, have the ambition to structurally raise risk data management to a higher level? Then the Product Owner role in Risk Data & Modelling is definitely an interesting position for you!
As a Product Owner Data Model & Sourcing you are the voice of the client in your team. In addition, you represent the internal stakeholders: you know their interests and wishes. In concrete terms, this means that you make decisions on behalf of both the client and the stakeholders. You form a vision on the products to be delivered and prioritize the work for your team. You also make sure that your team receives the right support. Interested? Then read the job profile of Product Owner Data Model & Sourcing.
Your working environment
As Product Owner you work within the Risk Data & Modelling Grid. A grid is a clearly and logically defined cluster of teams with end-to-end responsibility for one or more product groups, channels or enablers. A team is a multidisciplinary form of collaboration consisting of professionals from the business lines and the IT organization (5 to 10 people), who work together autonomously and agile towards a single goal.
The purpose of the Risk Data & Modelling Grid is to help the various departments within Risk to make their decisions, models and reports data driven, by providing insight into the data strategy & requirements, providing analysis capabilities on data, alignment of data with Finance and the delivery of data through the right processes and systems to the Risk users.
You will become Product Owner of the Data Model & Sourcing team. The team consists of professionals from various backgrounds and currently consists of data modelers and business developers. The team is driven to bring risk data management to a structurally higher level and wants to do this by improving the definitions within Finance and Risk. For example, how do you describe the ‘customer’ principle? Is it the same as a ‘client’ or a ‘counterparty’? We strive to create an unambiguous language with coordinated definitions for both Finance and Risk. In this team, these definitions are aligned and added to our large ‘FRIM’ (Finance & Risk Information Model) dictionary. In order to realize this, a lot of parties are queuing up to have these definitions added. It is up to you, in consultation with the various stakeholders, to determine which data should be defined and modelled first.
Because the department is still under construction, you are expected to actively think along with the improvement of the way of working. The mutual atmosphere is open and informal. The team actively shares knowledge and helps each other to realize our goals. We work hard, but with a lot of room for fun!
As a Product Owner you have a lot of freedom and therefore a great responsibility. You initiate and organize, with the goal of realizing maximum business value with what your team delivers. This means that you can determine and substantiate the team’s backlog and prioritization. You also have the responsibility to accept or refuse work for your team. The interests of all relevant stakeholders (e.g. risk management, finance, business, IT) are taken into account on time, clearly and transparently. With the Product Owners of other teams, you coordinate interdependencies in the backlogs. In everything you do, the focus is on putting the customer’s interests first and therefore on optimizing the business value, with legislation and regulations, the ABN AMRO Data framework, ABN AMRO’s strategy and the objectives of Risk Data & Modelling forming your framework. Your ultimate goal is to make ABN AMRO more decisive, data driven, more effective and less complex.
As Product Owner you are responsible for managing the Product Backlog. This includes:
- Clear description of Product Backlog items;
- Arranging Product Backlog items, in order to achieve goals and mission in the best way possible;
- Optimizing the value of the work the team does;
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent and clear to everyone, and that it shows what the team is going to work on next;
- Ensure that the Development Team understands the Product Backlog items to the level required.
The Product Owner Data Model & Sourcing is primarily responsible for:
- Maintaining the Finance & Risk business and logical data model;
- Preparing, aligning and communicating the roadmap and planning for establishing definitions and adding these terms to the business and logical data model;
- The preparation, alignment and communication of the roadmap and planning for the delivery of Finance and Risk data by data owners / ABN AMRO entities;
- The migration of historical data to our target platform;
- Maintaining risk-owned enterprise reference data.
You are a communicatively strong person who knows what is going on within the organization. You stand in front of your team and indicate what is needed to serve the customer optimally. From a vision and customer needs, you create epics, features and user stories. You know how to set the right priorities. You recognize the connections/dependencies between the various user stories and see possible dependencies with other grids and teams.
Check your profile:
- BSc/ MSc. level of work and thinking;
- Analytically strong;
- Understand the strategy and objectives of the grid’s products, services and customers;
- You embrace the agile way of working and the scrum method;
- Demonstrable affinity with the business, IT architecture, process design & process management;
- Continuous improvement, entrepreneurship and organizational sensitivity apply to you.
What we offer
ABN AMRO offers you an environment in which you bear responsibility and can make a difference. Work that has an impact on large groups of people. We challenge you every day to get the best out of yourself, where you decide how high you set the bar and where you can grow into the professional you want to be. At ABN AMRO you get an excellent work-life balance with the space to organize your own time and shape your working day. So you can work from home or exercise halfway through the day. And you’ll have the opportunity to help the bank and society as well as yourself. You can do this in your daily work, by working on your personal development, but you can also do voluntary work, for example.
- We offer you the freedom to get the best out of yourself, work flexibly and have plenty of room to grow;
- We help you to stay fit & vital;
- A good salary based on a 36 hour working week;
- An additional benefit budget of 11%, with which you can buy flexible terms of employment;
- A personal development budget of € 1.000,- per year that you can use for your development and two study days;
- A public transport subscription or transport budget, depending on the position;
- A good pension scheme.
Are you interested? Then respond to this vacancy now. For more information please contact Anabel Todisco via email: email@example.com.
We would like to get to know you.
— Acquisition by recruitment and selection agencies is not appreciated —
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.