At a glance
Do you want to work at the forefront of the changes in the financial services industry and develop disruptive Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions? Then we have a challenging position for you! The AI team at ABN AMRO is looking for an AI Product owner with an innovative mindset, feel for business, entrepreneurial drive and sufficient technical skills to drive AI projects to completion. You will work directly with entrepreneurs and business counterparts to bring AI solutions from idea to production. We are looking for creative and passionate people with a “go get it” mentality. Our AI Product Owners are multi-skilled and have a great understanding of the business, a good feel for how to build and implement AI solutions and understand how to quickly create value with AI.
As being an integral part of the AI team (~18 FTE) with AI Developers (data scientist/engineer) and AI translators, our goal is twofold: (1) to fuel innovation by developing and delivering AI solutions for the initiatives at S&I (Strategy & Innovation), and (2) to drive the adoption of AI across the bank by working with Client Units on some of the hardest AI problems within ABN AMRO. We work on a portfolio of use cases that range from improving customer contact to document classification and information extraction. As an AI Product Owner, your goal is to drive value creation with AI for ABN AMRO. As a team we take care of the full development cycle from exploring and identifying opportunities, experimenting and creating prototypes to developing scalable products. Your activities include:
- Leading cross-functional teams in delivering high value (e.g., ChatGPT) use cases (ensuring focus on value creation, user discovery, and in-time delivery)
- Participating in the ideation and design of AI solutions with intrapreneurs and business experts
- Co-creating AI use cases and business cases with counterparts in the business lines or ventures
- Manage vision, roadmap and backlog of use cases and interact with stakeholders in the bank to bring the use case to full roll-out
- Drive the risk-related processes within the bank (change assessments, compliance, privacy, etc.) to bring AI solutions to production in a compliant way.
- Shaping the AI team to become a high-performance team and a fun place to work
- Mentoring junior and medior colleagues
You will be working in the Artificial Intelligence team at Strategy and Innovation (S&I) at Gustav Mahlerlaan and we provide many opportunities for hybrid working. We have a start-up vibe. Your team consists of people with a passion for AI and we work every day to create (measurable) impact for the bank. There is an open team atmosphere where initiative is encouraged, and we provide daily coaching for juniors in our teams.
The success of our organization depends on the quality of our people and the ideas they have. We believe that teams composed of a combination of cultures, knowledge and experience will generate insights, perspectives and innovative solutions for our customers. Therefore, diversity is of vital importance to our organization. To ensure that everyone within ABN AMRO can develop his or her qualities, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel involved and appreciated.
- You have an excellent track-record as a Product Owner in building AI solutions that deliver business value. Prior experience with AI and data science is required. You understand what creates a compelling use case, how to bring all stakeholders along, and how to move from ideas to something that works in practice.
- You are pragmatic and value focused. You are not afraid to ask for feedback early on in a development process and see value in working with existing solutions to reduce time-to-market
- You communicate effectively with technical and business counterparts
- You are a team player that requires minimal guidance to be productive
- You take ownership for the development of a use case and can operate independently
- You are up to date on the latest developments within AI from a business perspective and can guide others in finding optimal solutions
- Start-up / entrepreneurial experience is preferred
- Experience working agile is preferred
We are offering
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- A competitive yearly salary ranging from EUR 58.000 – EUR 83.000 (based on 36-hour workweek) and a supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
- An annual public transportation pass
- A solid pension plan
Apply by clicking on the button above. We very much look forward to meeting you.
Equal oppertunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.