Are you the conscientious and communicative Global Data Steward we are looking for? Are you capable of driving a way of working with data throughout BDR Thermea and its brands in several countries?
Are you willing to accept the challenge to strive for data perfection, which will help us realize our strategic initiatives?
The Master Data Management Department
The Global Master Data Management (MDM) Department is a newly set up department within BDR Thermea, which will consist of one Global Data Manager, two Global Data Stewards and one Global Data Administrator. This department is responsible for driving data quality and safeguarding the adherence to the MDM governance model. Furthermore, this team facilitates the organization with the development, maintenance and enforcement of globally defined MDM standards. Lastly, this department takes the lead in initiatives to improve data quality and drives them to completion. All this is done in close collaboration with the Data Owners and the Domain Experts from different domains throughout the organization. Ultimately, the Data Owners are accountable for data quality and for ensuring the implementation of standards within their domains.
Build, improve and support on Data Management
Effective Master Data Management will improve business insights and transparancy by ensuring that there is ‘one version of the truth’. As this position and the department are new to BDR Thermea, you will be the founder of all data principles within the organization. You will implement global data standards and monitor these on a regular basis. You will be in the privileged position to help build the Data Management Department and continuously improve the role of Data Steward. You will support the Domain Experts from the different departments within different countries with building on reliable and compatible data. The main focus initially will be on data from the following domains: Product Lifecycle Management, Source to Pay, Manufacturing, Quote to Cash and Finance. Since this is a global role, it requires continuous alignment and communication with stakeholders throughout the organization, spread across different countries. This role will therefore require a multicultural mind-set and occasional visits to locations in other countries to remain aligned. There is also a strong link with Reporting / Business Intelligence, where the improved business insights are captured.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing metrics and initiating actions to improve data quality
- Ensuring data is understood, used and shared effectively
- Assessing the impact of changes with regard to standards or processes
- Making root cause analyses in case of data quality issues
- Resolving data quality issues together with the respective Data Owner/Domain Expert
- Developing, maintaining and enforcing Master Data Management standards, in line with the MDM governance model
Next to these responsibilities, you actively involved in:
- Cooperating with the Domain Experts and Data Owners throughout the whole organization
- Working with the Global Data Manager on implementation of Data standards
- Driving ‘the way of working with data’ throughout BDR Thermea Group
Your knowledge, skills, experience and character include:
- A Bachelor degree in Business Administration, IT, Quality or a similar relevant area
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Master Data Management or ‘Data driven’ work experience
- Experience in communicating and collaborating with colleagues at all levels in the organization
- Excellent analytical skills with proven results in the past
- You are a team worker by nature whom is driven by cooperation
- You are self-driven with a pragmatic and proactive attitude
- You master the English language verbally and in writing
What’s it like to work at BDR Thermea Group?
While you help to build Master Data Management within BDR Thermea Group, we offer you a challenging opportunity in which you can bring your experience to the Global BDR Thermea IT community. You will work in a motivated, technical organization with a high level of ambition. You’ll receive an attractive remuneration package, flexible working hours, and many opportunities to remain up-to-date with the latest sector developments through training and courses.
In addition to this, we also offer you:
- An international career in a challenging environment
- Passionate and professional colleagues who love what they do
- A key role in forming our global data management strategy
- Being part of BDR Thermea Group and contributing to this
Are you ready to dedicate your career to developing the careers of others?
Apply by clicking on the ”Apply” button and submitting your CV and motivation. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact our HR department on firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by phone on +31 (0)55– 549 6 204
About BDR Thermea Group
We are a leading manufacturer and distributor of sustainable climate and sanitary hot water solutions and services around the world. With over 6,700 employees across Europe and annual sales close to €1.8 billion, we operate in over 102 countries worldwide. We own and sell many of the leading brands for heating products, including Baxi, De Dietrich, Remeha and Chappee.