Full-time – Apeldoorn, the Netherlands
Are you a natural born leader, driven by analytics and ready to implement the Master Data Capability that BDR Thermea needs? Are you capable of taking stakeholders on a journey to show what excellent Data Management can bring BDR Thermea and its brands in several countries? Are you willing to take up the challenge to strive for data perfection, which will help us realize our strategic initiatives?
The Master Data Management
Department The Global Master Data Management (MDM) Department is a newly set up department within BDR Thermea, which will consist of one Global Data Manager, two Global Data Stewards and one Global Data Administrator. This department is responsible for driving data quality and safeguarding the adherence to the MDM governance model. Furthermore, this team facilitates the organization with the development, maintenance and enforcement of globally defined MDM standards. Lastly, this department takes the lead in initiatives to improve data quality and drives them to completion. All this is done in close collaboration with the Data Owners and the Domain Experts from different domains throughout the organization. Ultimately, the Data Owners are accountable for data quality and for ensuring the implementation of standards within their domains.
Build, lead and continuously improve Master Data Management
Effective Master Data Management will improve business insights and transparancy by ensuring that there is ‘one version of the truth’. As this position and the department are new to BDR Thermea, you will be the founder of all data principles within the organization. You will be in the privileged position to help set up the Global MDM Department and determine this department’s course for the future. You will oversee all data activities and you will drive the MDM governance model. You will lead and guide your team, and you will continuously improve the collaboration between your team and the Data Owners and Domain Experts throughout the organization. The main focus initially will be on data from the following domains: Product Lifecycle Management, Source to Pay, Manufacturing, Quote to Cash and Finance. Since this is a global role, it requires continuous alignment and communication with stakeholders throughout the organization, spread across different countries. This role will therefore require a multicultural mind-set and occasional visits to locations in other countries to remain aligned. There is also a strong link with Reporting / Business Intelligence, where the improved business insights are captured.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining a global data management strategy that is in full alignment with Data Owners
- Guide and inspire the organization about the business potential and strategy of Master Data Management
- The global data capability and the quality of master data
- Ensuring that the MDM governance model is fully set up and executed properly
- Pro-actively aligning with the Data Owners across the different functions and countries
- Actively developing future way of working in data quality improvement initiatives
Next to these responsibilities, you actively involved in:
- Liaising with your manager if the results of the department meet the strategic initiatives of BDR Thermea
- Strengthen cooperation between Group and Local companies within BDR Thermea
- Ensuring Master Data Management meets and strengthens the Group Strategy
- Setting up and positioning the Data Management Department
Your knowledge, skills, experience and character include:
- A Master degree in Business Administration, IT, Quality or a similar relevant area
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in Master Data Management or ‘Data driven’ work experience
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- An analytical and structured way of working
- Organizational sensitivity, cultural awareness and to the capability of bringing people together
- You are self-driven with a pragmatic and proactive attitude
- You master the English language verbally and in writing
What’s it like to work at BDR Thermea Group?
While you help to build Master Data Management within BDR Thermea Group, we offer you a challenging opportunity in which you can bring your experience to the Global BDR Thermea IT community. You will work in a motivated, technical organization with a high level of ambition. You’ll receive an attractive remuneration package, flexible working hours, and many opportunities to remain up-to-date with the latest sector developments through training and courses.
In addition to this, we also offer you:
- An international career in a challenging environment
- Passionate and professional colleagues who love what they do
- A key role in forming our global data management strategy
- Being part of BDR Thermea Group and contributing to this
Are you ready to dedicate your career to developing the careers of others?
Apply by using the ‘Apply’ button and submitting your CV and motivation. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact our HR department on email@example.com or alternatively by phone on +31 (0)55– 549 6 204
About BDR Thermea Group
We are a leading manufacturer and distributor of sustainable climate and sanitary hot water solutions and services around the world. With over 6,700 employees across Europe and annual sales close to €1.8 billion, we operate in over 102 countries worldwide. We own and sell many of the leading brands for heating products, including Baxi, De Dietrich, Remeha and Chappee.