Work on a unique product and deal with Data Science challenges every day!
As our Lead Data Scientist, you will have a leading role in building out our flagship product: the Job Marketing Platform (JMP). It’s a data-driven application with a recommendation & forecasting engine that advises recruiters how they should reach their target audience online. The platform is used daily by many recruiters and we have an ambitious roadmap to build it out further!
Your challenge? You’ll work on the forecasting & analytics part of our platform where we provide insights to our customers on how to reach talent online. You will explore the data sets we have built up, build & optimise predictive models and create value from data. Furthermore, you come up with and execute strategies to grow our data sets and the value they bring to our customers.
How you get the job done
- You engage with customers and consultants to get a deep understanding of our business needs and opportunities to create value from data and transfer knowhow into systems
- You explain, educate, and tell stories about data driven working and thinking in the company. You are an ambassador and role model for this way of working
- You pro-actively perform data exploration to come up with new insights and proposals to improve our products
- You continuously tweak and adjust our predictive models to provide the best performance possible
- You work with a multidisciplinary product team that innovates the predictive capabilities and data driven systems
- You will build up & coach a small team of data scientists and analysts.
You will be part of an international and experienced Engineering department consisting of Backend-, Frontend-, Data and DevOps Engineers, Designers, Agile Coach and a CTO.
What our perfect picture looks like
This describes the ideal candidate, but above all, we value people that are eager to grow, autonomous, work together and love to get things done!
- 5+ years of experience in Data Science
- Master degree or equivalent relevant work experience in a mathematical or analytical field
- Experience with working in a data driven product environment
- Excels at explaining complex data concepts to the whole company and taking people on a path of more analytical and data thinking
- Able to communicate ideas and strategies (including push back) up till the executive level
- Creative and flexible in coming up with solutions when the data itself is imperfect
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Experience in an online marketing environment
- Experience with our tech and tool stack: Python, Scala, Sagemaker, Databricks.
This is why you can’t miss out on this opportunity
We promise that at VONQ you’ll never stop learning! You’ll be surrounded by international and experienced colleagues, so prepare yourself for some interesting and intellectual conversations. As our data science lead you will be building up a data science team to drive the business forward in the upcoming years.
Our product still has a lot of potential to grow and YOU can make an impact on that. You’ll get freedom and space for own initiatives, in fact, we encourage you!
We have legendary company outings, beers on Friday and lots of FUN!
There is more! We offer:
- A good salary, 8% holiday allowance
- 100% commuting expenses compensation
- Pension contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited (paid!) holidays
- Time and budget for training
- Relocation support and more!
Are you up for the challenge? Apply by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. Questions? You can reach out to Laura van den Berg, 06-22143366 or mail to email@example.com!