Lead Data Science (Hay 17).
Our shared challenge
You are a connector between Business, IT and between fellow Data Scientist and Data Science Engineers. Your goal is to bring the Data Science & Machine learning capability at Essent to the next level, and you have the freedom to shape your role as required to realize this. Inspired? With leadership, ownership and the will to constantly improve in your genes, you’re ready to start as a Lead Data Science within Essent.
Are you the Lead Data Scientist/Engineer who will drive the Machine Learning transformation at Essent? The Lead Data Science is responsible for leading the efforts to build data products and internal solutions for some of the hardest problems in the fields of Personalization, Value Optimization, Energy Forecasting, and Operational Excellence. You will drive projects through from start to finish performing research, prototyping solutions, production deployment at scale and A/B testing to validate your solutions. We love specialists with deep experience, and we expect to use that experience alongside a Data Scientist’s ability to be general and tackle a wide range of problem areas.
Your role as a Lead Data Scientist means being the star player in:
- Develop, adapt, combine, and choose data science methodology (statistics, machine learning, optimization, experimentation) to address complex problems
- Evaluate and validate correctness of data models and theoretical approaches. Assess and validate performance of models to meet business objectives.
- Deepen in personalized user journeys to gain a comprehensive understanding of user behavior, develop targeted advertising, and improve digital experiences.
- Provide guidance on how to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of current solutions with changes that affect the bottom line of the organization
- Communicate complex information to a wide and non-technical audience. Determine data requirements and performance metrics to measure companywide business objectives.
- Create and deliver a Machine Learning productionalization strategy & landscape, lead the change which will bring us from our Legacy environment to this new landscape
You will join a team of data specialists with focus area’s on Data Analytics, Data Science, Database Marketing and Data Stewardship. Data Engineers are in IT, but you work close collaboration in 1 scrum team with them as well. Your priorities are governed through our C+/IT SAFe Portfolio which for your team is managed by our Product Owner Data Science and the Product Manager of the Engagers ART. You will be strengthening the Essent C+ Activation business unit. Together with approximately 240 colleagues you take responsibility for the full commercial process of our Gas & Power products. You ensure state of the art customer acquisition activities and loyalty initiatives. You are continuously looking at increasing our NPV and optimizing the investment of our Cost to Acquire and Retain through, for example, personalization efforts. You report to the Team manager Data & Analytics C+ Activation.
We’re the market leader in the supply of energy and gas in the Netherlands. A position we’re proud of. Every day, we find newer and smarter ways of being the best together, as one team. We have focus, ownership and discipline. Our straightforward mentality helps us retain the loyalty of millions of consumers and businesses. Not just in energy and gas, but also in energy-related products and services that help the Netherlands become more sustainable. And we don’t wait until tomorrow. As part of E.ON, and with our brands Essent, energiedirect.nl, Powerhouse and Vandebron, we create impact for our customers. Together, we bring affordable energy solutions within reach for everyone.
Working together as one team to win our customers’ loyalty. It gives you an energy boost like no other. We can only grow by being enterprising, asking critical questions and always wanting to do better. This applies to you as a member of the Essent team and us as a company. Whether you prefer to work behind the scenes or in the spotlight. It doesn’t matter. Will you make an impact for yourself, the team and our customers? Then you tick all the boxes if you also have:
- Master Degree in a quantitative area, for example Econometrics, Mathematics or Physics.
- +8 yrs of relevant work experience, you are recognized as an expert in the data science community
- You are able to take the lead role in complex projects
- You will mentor a talented team of data scientists acting as lead & most senior Scientist and ‘go to’- person.
- Feel confident in taking charge of driving, growing, and shaping the Data Science practice within Essent
- You feel comfortable to represent Essent at relevant external events as Keynote speaker
- Experience in Omni Channel Retail is a bonus
- Statistical knowledge in the field of, Classification, Machine and Deep Learning, time series modelling, NLP, graph analysis and optimization techniques.
- Experience with software development. Knowledge of the Python Data Science Stack (pandas, scikit-learn, tensorflow/pytorch, etc.), PEP8, virtual environments, SQL, (py)Spark, AWS, Git, Docker, CI/CD, Design Patterns
- Visualization experience with tools such as in Qlik, Tableau, Dash, Streamlit
- English speaking, and preferable also Dutch speaking
You believe in yourself, the team and the company. And us? We reward you for all your hard work: with money, opportunities and personal growth. Because you always deliver the best for our customers, we offer you (based on 40 hours a week):
- A job at a leading European energy company that’s always on the move. We keep growing, developing and innovating.
- A gross monthly salary between € 4.804 – € 6.865 (HAY-grade 17), precisely tailored to your level.
- 10% bonus percentage associated with the salary scale to show our appreciation even more.
- 30 days of annual leave because you have hobbies outside work.
- All the facilities you need to work flexibly in the office, at home and on the road.
- The opportunity to work according our Essent Business System method.
- Hybrid working: as an expert you decide where you can do your work best, at home or at our inspiring head office – with a good coffee bar, two company restaurants and within walking distance of Den Bosch Central
- We recommend that you travel by public transport. And there’s a great extra if you do: we’ll give you an NS Business Card. Would you prefer to travel by car? Then you’ll receive a kilometer allowance.
- A wide range of development and promotion opportunities nationally and internationally.
This is the ideal opportunity to make an impact as Lead Data Scientist. Apply via the “apply button”. The Essent Scan is a part of the application procedure.
Would you like to know more about what happens next? Check the steps in our application procedure below.