We’re seeking a resource analyst with strong IT know-how to join a new and exciting team, working across multiple IT projects within a leading global company. A unique chance to access technical career paths that will support your personal development, and every opportunity to grow your career.
Where you fit
Here’s an exciting chance to be part of our new IT Engineering business and help drive performance by providing world class technical, functional and consulting expertise that delivers the right skills, at the right time, in the right place.
Sitting within our Enterprise Resource Management (ERM) team, you’ll join a fast-paced, responsive business that’s fundamental to delivering the success of Shell IT, ensuring IT projects, programmes and products evolve in step with business needs.
As our IT Resource Manager, you’ll focus on allocating resources across IT Engineering to match business demand. That means helping to develop effective resource management processes and practices that ensure we have the very best information, systems and analytics to drive insights and support decision making across every level of the business.
What’s the role?
Your primary focus will be to manage resource allocation and matching demand for up to 500 roles, including staff and contractors, across multiple locations, lines of business and teams.
Your analysis and organisational skills will truly make the difference here, as you help drive continuous improvement through effective processes. You’ll ably identify current and future skills and capability gaps and produce insights and reporting that will help the IT business achieve its goals and drive optimum performance.
More specific duties will include:
- Helping to drive quality, availability, and consistency across the resource management data.
- Handling the release of resources from assignments.
- Working with the IT Sourcing team to source contractors (from request to contract set up).
- Managing escalations for respective groups in case of resource allocation issues.
- Supporting continuous improvements and other initiatives within the ERM team.
Naturally, alongside your technical and analytical expertise, you’ll also call on your excellent people skills, acting as liaison between project teams’ demand for specific resources and the provision of resources. All the while, nurturing constructive and trusting relationships with a diverse range of, mostly virtual, business stakeholders.
What we need from you
We’re keen to hear from men and women with a good understanding of IT coupled with previous experience of managing a resourcing and talent planning service. A proven track record of implementing resourcing and talent strategies and solutions across diverse workforce models will also be useful. Beyond that, we’d hope to see as many of the following on your CV:
- Specific experience and expertise with a diverse workforce strategy.
- Proven stakeholder and relationship management skills.
- An ability to be delivery focused and deliver in a maturing business model.
- Skilled at supporting and participating in developing effective solutions where broader frameworks might not be in place or be under development.
- Experience in managing teams and engaging with external suppliers.
- Skilled Experience with at resourcing processesResource Management and Human Resources (demand validation, allocation, de-allocation, KPI tracking) for large accounts and engagements.
- Experience with reporting and analytics of resource data.
- An understanding of the disciplines and roles in IT projects and services.
- Experience of team leadership and project and programme management.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Interested in this position?
We are happy to get in touch with you! You can send your application by using the “Apply” button.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.