Drive color digitization across a dynamic R&D and commercial environment
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Flexa, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe.
Color is at the heart of everything we do, and we operate a dedicated R&D Color Technology team that sets the global trends and standards in this fascinating area. Within this context, your mission in this role is to drive color data activities that enable digitization via global color IT solutions for our business units (BUs) worldwide. This requires you to deliver detailed requirement documentation and initiate improvement proposals for the global color database structure(s) and interfaces to other database systems (for example SAP, Optiva). You also oversee and execute activities related to data integration, data conversion and data quality checks for market outputs to various IT applications (Mixit Modular, Color Apps).
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a highly motivated professional who can translate the needs of our BUs into data and/or IT requirements and specifications while building bridges cross-functionally as well as cross-culturally across the globe? Have you gained a good knowledge of Data Management phases and experience with transitioning from development into maintenance mode? Can you apply project management concepts, communication and process monitoring tools? Above all, do you have what it takes to make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the position of
Information Analyst Color
The role and its responsibilities
This colorful and wide-ranging role is based at our large site in Sassenheim, the Netherlands.
Your core function is to play a central role in the delivery of color digitization by bridging color(-IT) research/developments into the color processes of our BUs, translating high-level requirements into solutions that can be used for development. This involves a number of key activities:
Color Process Applications and Integration
You manage and participate in the analysis, evaluation, development, testing and implementation of various Color-IT applications. In doing so you ensure high quality business and IT requirement analyses and high quality and effective IT testing before handing over to the development process. You then perform effective and continuous reporting with regard to project progress, work package compilation, KPIs, quality reports etc.
You also participate in color(-IT) integration/development projects to achieve excellent color performance, translating color research concepts to operational applicability. This involves taking into account the latest technologies in the R&D, Color and IT area.
Color Data Team
A futher core element of the role is to manage, coach and assess small teams of Software Engineers, Information Analysts and/or Data & Requirement Analysts in (sub) project teams or color work requests.
Working with these teams you prepare and present year plans for data gatekeeping activities to ensure high data quality. You also support incidental correction activities and maintain/develop structural gatekeeping solutions.
At all times you ensure color master data management according to AkzoNobel, Information Management and Color guidelines proposing corrections and extensions towards SMU and global IT disciplines to keep master data management in color data systems ready for new developments.
Further, you lead the data analysis and create quality reports based on the internal quality parameters, performance of tools, data handling and data integrity for market demands and competitor analysis. You also:
- Identify and propose system changes in the central color databases and check the integrity and validity of the data and performance of the data system;
- Monitor and evaluate color data systems in agreement with Strategic Market Units and Information Management to ensure a reliable fundament for color data storage, retrieval, and manipulation to support color digitization;
- Deliver reliable data flows and ensure that the reporting line is fully informed and acts in line with HSE, PSRA and Compliance regulations.
As an effective manager you stimulate and follow through on employee engagement and training, building a workforce to reflect the societies and markets in which we do business. You also act as an ambassador within and outside the team, creating an open environment in which everyone can perform at their best.
As such, this position demands a mix of approximately 30% technical and 70% functional aptitude. Programming or code analysis is not required, but is an advantage.
- Higher Education (HBO) or University degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Chemistry, (Chemical) Engineering or Physics, or a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Information Technology, Computer Science, Physics) or MCA certification;
- At least 5 years of experience in a multinational organization and at least 4 years of experience in gathering and defining IT and/or data requirements, designing data handling processes, data analysis, testing and training;
- At least 2 years of experience in the coatings and/or color domain, preferably in R&D discipline and at least 2 years of experience managing small technical sub) project teams;
- Good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and different methodologies (Agile, Iterative, Waterfall);
- Expertise on tools like MS Visio to depict process flows, requirement and the use of tools and systems like MS Team Foundation Server, Test Manager and Visual Studio;
- The strong presentational and English language skills necessary to interact with various audiences including management teams, Information Management, IT specialists, Application Owners/Managers and RD&I peers.
We welcome your online application via www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 18000195 or via the 'Apply' button. Please note that applications via mail will not be taken into consideration. If you have any questions, please contact Ashna Badal, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
An employment screening may be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Flexa, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.