Drive color digitization across a dynamic R&D and commercial environment
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Flexa, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe.
Color is at the heart of everything we do, and we operate a dedicated R&D Color Technology team that sets the global trends and standards in this fascinating area. Within this context, your mission in this role is to drive activities that enable digitization of Color via global Color IT solutions for our business units (BUs) worldwide. This requires you to deliver detailed requirement documentation and initiate improvement proposals for the global color IT tools, database structure(s) and interfaces to other database systems (for example SAP, Optiva).
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a highly motivated professional who can translate the needs of our Business Units into IT requirements and specifications while building bridges cross-functionally as well as cross-culturally across the globe? Have you gained a good knowledge and experience with transitioning from development into maintenance mode? Can you apply project management concepts, communication and process monitoring tools? Above all, do you have what it takes to make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the position of
Information Analyst Color
The role and its responsibilities
This colorful and wide-ranging role is based at our large site in Sassenheim, the Netherlands.
Your core function is to play a central role in the delivery of color digitization by bridging color (-IT) research/developments into the color processes of our BUs, translating high-level requirements into solutions that can be used for development. This involves a number of key activities:
Color Process Applications and Integration
You manage and participate in the analysis, evaluation, development, testing and implementation of various Color-IT applications. In doing so you ensure high quality business and IT requirement analyses and high quality and effective IT testing before handing over to the development process. You then perform effective and continuous reporting with regard to project progress, work package compilation, KPIs, quality reports etc.
You also participate in color(-IT) integration/development projects to achieve excellent color performance, translating color research concepts to operational applicability. This involves taking into account the latest technologies in the R&D, Color and IT area.
A futher core element of the role is to manage, coach and assess small teams of Software Engineers, Information Analysts and/or Data & Requirement Analysts in (sub) project teams.
This position demands a mix of approximately 30% technical and 70% functional aptitude. Programming or code analysis is not required but is an advantage.
To apply for this position you must possess all the following attributes:
- Higher Education (HBO) or University degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Chemistry, (Chemical) Engineering or Physics, or a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Information Technology, Computer Science, Physics) or MCA certification;
- At least 5 years of experience in a multinational organization and at least 4 years of experience in gathering and defining IT and/or data requirements, designing data handling processes, data analysis, testing and training;
- Advantageous if you have an experience in the coatings and/or color domain, preferably in R&D discipline with experience managing small technical sub) project teams;
- Good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and different methodologies (Agile, Iterative, Waterfall);
- Expertise on tools like MS Visio to depict process flows, requirement and the use of tools and systems like MS Team Foundation Server, Test Manager and Visual Studio;
- The strong presentational and English language skills necessary to interact with various audiences including management teams, Information Management, IT specialists, Application Owners/Managers and RD&I peers.
We welcome your online application via the ‘Apply’ button or via www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 18000195. Please note that applications via mail will not be taken into consideration. If you have any questions, please contact Ashna Badal, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
An employment screening may be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.