AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Deploy your technical, project management and business-focused skills to optimize a new Hire-to-Retire master data capability
AkzoNobel is currently pursuing its determined ‘15 by 20 Strategy’ through a Passion for Paints, Precise Processes, Powerful Performance and Proud People. Key to this journey is the implementation of a Global Process Owner (GPO) model based on standardized Master Data, harmonized E2E processes and Continuous Improvement. In order to drive this process, a Master Data Management (MDM) Center of Expertise (CoE) has been established.
Within this context, your mission in this role is to support the Master Data challenges in our Hire-to-Retire (HtR) E2E processes for Human Resources management. As such, this is a highly responsible position for candidates with experience of implementating HtR and MDM processes within a complex IT system and business environment. It is also essential that you have proven experience of interfacing with business operational customers while performing HtR and MDM process improvement and root cause analysis.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as quality-focused professional with experience in HtR and/or MDM application systems development and implementation? Can you act as a credible business partner and deliver to deadlines within cross-functional teams and across different functions? Have you acquired an understanding of external factors influencing HtR and MDM such as regulatory requirements, best in class practices, etc? Above all, do you have what it takes to make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the position of
Global Data Architect
The role and its responsibilities
This high profile, full-time position will be based at either Amsterdam or Sassenheim, the Netherlands, but you will be required to travel occasionally. Your core task is to design and advise on MDM processes and data standards within the HtR data domain, building a roadmap and driving standardized E2E processes and tools to improve Quality of Delivery, Optimize Cost to Serve, Control & Compliance, and Enhanced Customer Experience. You also support a range of wider MDM CoE projects.
Detailed activities include:
- Communicating and implementing the HtR MDM vision and strategy;
- Supporting proper (preventive/detective) controls for the CRUD/maintenance activities of the MDM Operations for HtR data domains, including impact of changes to downstream systems;
- Develop a Data Dictionary/Glossary for HtR data domains;
- Driving data quality including the definition of data standards, cleansing of data and monitoring (Dashboard/KPIs).
At all times you focus on innovation and standardization to drive down total cost to serve and enhance customer satisfaction, utilizing metrics to identify opportunities for improvement. As the lead HtR architect you are responsible for balancing priorities that will sometimes conflict, optimizing both your own time and that of team members. You also put in place processes for changing the organizational management structure as necessary, and create RACI, process and work instructions.
To apply for this position you must possess all of the following attributes:
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, IT or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 10 years of overall experience with 7-8 years of experience in an HtR related function, with MDM and/or IT exposure preferred;
- Experience of project management, with supporting certification preferred;
- Able to leverage best in class examples and the input of key expert/key stakeholder in order to design the appropriate HtR MDM foundation, and to leverage HtR business understanding and its requirements in the design of the MD model and related projects;
- Change agent who can foster a constructive dialogue within process owners, BU/Functions and other key stakeholders;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including fluent written and spoken English.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. You can expect an attractive salary and benefits package. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application via www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 1900028L or via the ”Apply” button. If you have any questions, please contact Minke van Asperen, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
An employment screening may be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated