At a glance
The Wealth Management data science team is responsible for serving all advanced analytics and data science needs of the Wealth Management (Private banking) business line. That includes our clients in the Netherlands but also in countries such as France, Belgium and Germany. We are looking for a new experienced (senior) data scientist to help us answer various business challenges such as customer segmentation and clustering, customer targeting, marketing automation and evaluation, etc.
In this role, the end goal is to improve the customer experience, make sure we anticipate the needs of our customers, and help our colleagues do their work more efficiently.
Typical responsibilities, which you are expected to conduct independently, include:
- Identify problems and opportunities within the domain, which can be addressed using data science solutions. Determine the business value of the problem. Be able to challenge the business stakeholders and guide them towards the most appropriate solution.
- Be in the lead for use cases with a complex stakeholder map (cross-functional use cases).
- Understand data: build domain knowledge and translate that to proper extract, transform and load (ETL) steps using large data sets.
- Use state-of-the art statistical and data science techniques – but know when is sufficient to use something simple vs something state-of-the-art
- Evaluate the models and (help) deliver them to the end user via implementation in a production environment
- Communicate your results and educate the stakeholders/end users to foster cooperation
- Guide and mentor more junior team members in their daily activities
- Educate: actively partake in our team knowledge sharing sessions and initiate activities which can increase the overall efficiency of the team.
The Wealth Management data science team is a part of a bigger team called ‘Advanced Analytics and AI’ that includes teams that serve the needs of the retail and commercial banking departments. You will thus join one of the largest data science teams within the bank and the only team which is solely focused on developing solutions directly for our clients. You will work more closely on some initiatives with data scientists from other business lines but your main focus will be on Wealth Management. Wealth Management takes our strategy ‘Banking for better for generations to come’ seriously and we aim to always serve our customers in the best way, at the best time and with the most appropriate message. You will have a lot of freedom in setting the direction of your daily activities and will be able to propose ideas you want to work on. We work agile (‘agile light’, not agile by the book, so do not worry, you won’t be having too many meetings).
You have a quantitative MSc, PhD or similar and a minimum of 5 or more years of work experience as a data scientist (next to any internships). You are creative team player and you are not afraid to give and ask for help and feedback.
You have many of the following typical data science skills:
- Machine Learning algorithms (such as Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch),
- Programming: Python, PySpark and SQL
- Statistics, experiment design, mathematics.
- Data Wrangling, ETL, Big Data systems
- Data engineering / ML engineering. Implement advanced analytics robustly in various target (cloud) systems. Experience with Cloud tools (Azure Databricks and Azure Data Lake Storage) is preferred.
- Communication and Data Visualization: Knowing Your Audience
- Comfort working in a dynamic environment with several ongoing concurrent projects; able to prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Experience with coaching and mentoring junior data scientists
- Consultancy skills: keen, finding the ‘real’ problem that needs to be solved. Relentless but friendly, following processes.
We are offering
Besides a fantastic job working in a great team, we also offer:
- An open, innovative and stimulating department where you can grow as a data scientist;
- A way to contribute to creating better products and services for our clients;
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours, in a hybrid way (partly from home & partly at the office in Amsterdam) and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally;
- The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness;
- A supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits;
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year, which you can spend on trainings, books, or a combination of both;
- An annual public transportation pass;
- A solid pension plan;
- Home working allowance of EUR 3 for each day you work from home, internet allowance of EUR 25 per month and all the tools you need to work from home as you would in the office.
- Equal opportunities for everyone, regardless of your background.
Are you interested? Please respond to this vacancy now. For more information about the role, please contact Pim Kuurman, a senior data scientist (email@example.com).
A part of the data scientist interview process is a take home assignment. This is a standard data science use case designed to take a couple of hours to complete.
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.