AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
The global Center of Expertise (COE) in Integrated Business Planning is looking for talents to join our data science team.
Purpose/Key Objectives of the Job
On a global scale, for all Paints & Coatings:
- Leads technical design and deployment of IBP Reporting & Analytics (DART/SMART for Demand/Supply). Supports IBP Data Science Manager & Business Process Managers (BPMs) in process design and deployment of IBP Reporting & Analytics (DART/SMART for Demand/Supply).
- Supports deployment of IBP & Demand/Supply by supporting Data Science manager and users to improve master data (product, customer, region, supply hierarchy, and for critical sites: production data, MRP views) and supports automation initiatives such as master data profiles.
- Technically design and deploy end-to-end reporting and analytics processes to optimize key end-to-end KPIs being Service, Cost-to-Serve and Inventory (Incl Slobs). Thus, supports Data Science manager in process design and deployment, e.g. in matching demand segmentation (ABC-XYZ) with supply policies (MTO/MTS), and setting order quantities/lot sizes to optimize all 3 KPIs.
- To keep data up to date and operate as efficiently as possible, design and deploys automation of all data management through rules. Once there is a solid foundation, explore opportunities to apply machine learning (e.g. in Alteryx) and utilize functionality of Advanced Planning Systems (APS).
- Develops materials to build capability in the supply planning community including trainings and set-up of Knowledge Management System (KMS) for Reporting & Analytics, as well as Master data management for the above mentioned scope.
For DART/SMART, Master data, optimization of key end-to-end KPIs, automation, KMS:
- Effectively partner within the data science team, operational users and senior stakeholders in other COEs and IM, to make data accurate and to make the process to manage data efficient.
- PMO of technical progress while balancing agile working to deliver rapid prototyping and further incremental development of the technical product, with good communication to sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Conduct advanced data analyses, develop rules & mathematical models to promote efficiency, and translate these into a usable tool/system which supports the process.
- Extract relevant information from available data sources for further analytical processing, e.g. data mining
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis; where possible collaborate and guide the junior Data scientist to perform this task.
- Interpret results in a business context, discuss with business partners, and incorporate data-driven decision-making in operations
- Serve as interface between business and IT departments. E.g. alignment with Global PRISM project on Master data.
- Validate achieved process performance with meaningful KPIs
- Ideation: Identify new strategic application areas and use cases
- Leads Onboarding and Training of junior Data scientists.
- Demonstrated capability to bridge business needs and IM, and be a challenging partner to both to realize impact.
- Pro-active, result driven, and target oriented execution of role while being a strong team player.
- High motivation to strive for and facilitate the overall company optimum.
- Self motivating to deliver and drive all project stakeholders through the change curve: when the going gets tough, the tough get’s going.
- Sensitive and adaptable to organizational culture and dynamics.
- Professionalism and maturity required to effectively interact with senior management.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to produce outstanding creative and analytical solutions based on thorough analyses of complex processes and business relationships.
- Functional excellence & credibility to drive the organization forward.
- Ability to operate effectively across different cultures and functions.
- Good communication skills, strong command in English.
- At least 5 years in Supply Chain function; demonstrated hands-on impact in operations, planning and hands-on exposure to IT/ERP related projects.
- MSc in Computer Science, Data science, Mathematics, Statistical Science, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or similar.
- Detailed and in depth understanding of ERP system set up, planning & production master data fields, and how these are set up to enable a high performing supply chain process in line with company objectives
- Has a good understanding of the AkzoNobel (ERP) system Landscape and the differences between systems.
- Understanding of Demand Planning process, Demand segmentation and consequent Supply policies.
- Strong experience in end-to-end performance measurement, identification & application of error metrics, root-cause analysis, etc.
- Detailed and in depth understanding of KMS set up and relation with business processes.
- Advanced excel knowledge & basics (programming) knowledge of VBA/HTML /Java). Ability to quickly learn and master Python, R, Azure, Alteryx, PowerBI.
- Background in Advanced Planning Systems (APS) or demonstrated basic skills set to quickly learn and master APS.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. In addition to a good salary, you can expect excellent terms of employment including group insurance, 8% holiday allowance, travel allowance and an above industry standard number of vacation days. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application via the ‘Apply‘ button or our website www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 190002AH. Please note that applications sent by mail will not be considered. If you have any question, please feel free to contact Ashna Badal, Talent Resourcing Partner, phone +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
An employment screening will be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
Keywords: data analyst, supply chain management, demand planning, business planning, master data, business processes, industrial enigineer, Netherlands