Data Scientist GPS
fulltime | Rotterdam
This is the role
As a Data Scientist you will be responsible for driving and coordinating process automation and reporting activity. Furthermore, you will stay up to date with Intelligent Automation technology, capabilities, business applications, process mining and be aware of innovations in this area.
This is LyondellBasell
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. Our products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
GPS Automation & Reporting Team leverages the power of data, analytics, robotics, science and cognitive technologies to mine and uncover hidden relationships from the data in the process, generate insights and inform better decision-making. This position is responsible for optimizing and automating business processes in Lyondell’s Business Process Organization.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for driving and coordinating process automation and reporting activity.
- Stay up to date with Intelligent Automation technology, capabilities, business applications, process mining and be aware of innovations in this area.
Intelligent Automation (IA)
- Capture and manage incoming IA demand.
- Automate processes or process steps by collaboration with IT organization or using self-service tools (Alteryx, VBA, Microsoft Power Apps etc.).
- Enable financial management and benefits tracking for identified automation opportunities.
- Support implemented automations.
- Work with other data scientist and business analysts to build data models using Celonis.
- Work closely with business analysts in the respective areas on developing reporting / KPI dashboards utilizing Celonis.
- Find business optimization opportunities and discuss these with stakeholders on a regular basis to come to savings plans/projects identified using process mining tools.
- Collaborate with Data Analytics team to build data-based products and help integrate into the product and operational processes.
- Enhance data collection and enrichment procedures to include information relevant for creating better data models.
- Generating value from data for stakeholders by following a scientific approach.
Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science/Engineering, Econometrics, Engineering, Social Science). Other degree with a minimum 8-year hands on experience within data science, data analytics, process automation or process mining will be considered.
Organizational and Soft Skills
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts in business terms.
- Self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritize and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Workshop and meeting facilitation skills.
- Results oriented with ability to produce products that deliver organizational benefit.
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving attitude.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills – demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills.
- Very strong knowledge of end to end processes.
- Deep understanding of the business and finance processes within the Petrochemicals business model.
- 8+ years of experience in a P2P/O2C or R2R process, finance and/or shared service environment.
- Good understanding of main drivers and reporting needs in end to end process environment.
Project Management skills
- Strong program/project management skills
- Knowledge of business case development including cost/benefit analysis, NPV
- Awareness of automation software capabilities
- Strong Knowledge of databases and SAP
- Knowledge of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) or other IA technologies like Alteryx
- Strong Excel knowledge, preferably with strong VBA, Power Query knowledge
- Knowledge of process mining, preferably Celonis
- Good understanding of Dashboarding tools
- Knowledge of programming language like SQL, PQL, R or Python
Licenses & Certifications:
- Process Re-engineering, Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma experience very beneficial.
- CPA, CA, or equivalent preferred
- Certifications in any Robotics Process Automation tools preferred
Critical Competencies / Behaviors
Good at figuring out the process necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge – like internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars
Knowledge about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
Comfort Around Higher Management
Can deal comfortably with more senior managers; can present to more senior managers without undue tension and nervousness; understands how senior managers think and work; can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs; can craft approaches likely to be seen as appropriate and positive.
Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one – on – one , small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses, is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot conversational topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
Knows how the business works; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/ her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint
- Extensive user of SAP systems
- Understanding of Alteryx or other Intelligent Automation tools
- RPA knowledge
- Process Mining tool (Celonis) knowledge
- Dashboarding tool knowledge
Strong verbal and written English skills required, additional European languages are desirable.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
This is what we offer
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package.
Please feel free to connect with Ton Brands, Corporate recruiter email@example.com for more details. Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume via the application button.
Acquisition due to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Data Science, GPS, Rotterdam, SAP, MS Office, Intelligent Automation technology, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, Robotics Process Automation, business process, senior, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science/Engineering, Econometrics, Engineering, Social Science