Imagine that you work in a challenging, international environment with the mission to increase and facilitate the use of data and to support the bank’s data driven business opportunities. Being data driven includes the recognition that data must be managed efficiently. Imagine you are a key player in the implementation of the new enterprise-wide Data Lake to be used by the entire bank.
Making a difference
As the Data Management Consultant for the Enterprise Data Lake you will be responsible for the effective implementation of data governance and data management of the new Enterprise Data Lake.
You promote the value of good data, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Design and monitor the implementation of data governance & data management of the enterprise data lake
- Design and implement data exchange for the lake with good controls.
- Monitor data availability for the lake (supply and demand) and report on impediments/bottlenecks.
- Define functional requirements for the data catalogue and monitor implementation & usage.
- Ensure the data catalogue meets user requirements and that controls are in place (e.g. Data classification- e.g privacy sensitive, internal/external data)
- Alignment with regional data lake initiatives in international offices to ensure that their data management tools and processes remain aligned to the enterprise data lake.
- Ensure privacy by design is implemented.
- Define the data quality requirements for lake and participate in tool selection.
- Design the framework and procedures for data provisioning from the lake.
- Support the programme manager with preparing programme board input and handing other ad hoc data lake related assignments e.g relating to cloud requirements, investigating certain stakeholder requirements.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. You become part of a relatively new department with highly educated, motivated professionals. The joint mission: the authority in the field of data management, and leading the way to a data-driven bank. You will need to work closely with the IT delivery team and architects to ensure that data management and governance requirements are designed and delivered into the data lake technical solution and business processes. Within the Data Management Office you will work with talented people who have a passion for data.
Strong communication skills, result driven, analytic skills and cooperation are clearly essential for the role of data management consultant. In addition, it’s important that you recognise yourself in the checklist below:
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Consulting background or skills
- At least 5 years experience in the banking sector;
- Knowledge and experience of data lake data governance and data management tooling & processes. DMBOK preferred.
- Knowledge of data lake technology- on premise and cloud (e.g. Cloudera/Azure/AWS)
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Good command of English (business level)
- Proactive and willing to challenge others.
- Good command of Dutch is an advantage but not essential.
Do you recognize yourself in everything so far? We would love to have you in our team and to help you achieve your aspirations in terms of growth and development in an environment where you are given the chance to keep learning every day. Rabobank provides you the tools to excel and to realize your professional and personal ambitions. On the basis of a 36-hour working week, this is what we offer you:
- Unlimited career potential;
- Function scale 10 is offered, depending on experience and level of seniority;
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- An Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Growing a better world together
You’ll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our ‘Growing a better world together’ mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
A third of all the food we purchase is thrown away. Together with Nature & Environment, we’re working to increase awareness among consumers of how to reduce food waste.
- As part of a project with Humanitas, we are helping people who are experiencing financial difficulties to get their household finances in order.
- Together with Vluchtelingenwerk Nederland (the Dutch Council for Refugees), we are helping 1,500 refugees find a suitable job.
Are you the person we are looking for? Are you ready for the next step in your career at the Rabobank? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Apply via the “Apply” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Rogier Wolff, recruiter for Rabobank, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via +31(0)6-139 473 29 or Rogier.Wolff@rabobank.nl.
- The application process includes a screening. Based on the screening procedure we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That’s why we want to know who you really are!
Agency calls not appreciated.