Join this placement with our Information, Data and Analytics discipline (part of our highly-reputed Graduate Programme) and you’ll be learning how a global business sets a strategic vision for data use and aligns data analysis solutions with business needs.
During this first placement, you’ll be gaining the skills to be a successful Data Analytics Engineer with us. This includes:
- Managing a variety of fast-paced analytics projects, each providing significant business and delivering critical insights.
- Developing processes and designing reports that boost business intelligence within the organisation.
- Analysing data to create valuable insight and unlock value.
- Unravelling complex business problems through the use of statistical, algorithmic, and visualization techniques.
- Gaining a wealth of business knowledge and cultivating trusted relations with business stakeholders.
- Using Spotfire and PowerBI to deliver reports and interactive dashboards
- Exploring and analyzing datasets with tools like R, Python and Alteryx
Who are you?
We’re keen to hear from enthusiastic, creative and data driven men and women who’ve already gained some quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience. Show us you have the communication skills to make sense of complex issues and cultivate strong working relationships and we’ll trust you to work with minimum supervision, forging links between different parties in the business and in IT.
Alongside a Masters degree in a technical/quantitative discipline (e.g, mathematics, statistics or computer science) we’re looking for as many of the following technical skills as possible:
- Ability to build solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over very large datasets.
- Strong skills in programming (such as Python), and statistical modelling (e.g using SAS, JMP or R).
- Ability to deal with large data sets from disparate sources, cleaning, merging and consolidating data with tools, such as Alteryx
- Proficiency in data visualization, statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting, multivariate modelling, and optimization algorithms.
The Shell Graduate Programme: a world of opportunities.
Join the IT Shell Graduate Programme and you can look forward to an industry-leading two- or three-year learning programme, offering real responsibility, engaging challenges and continued professional development.
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the energy industry. Start your career at Shell and immerse yourself in innovative projects to find economically, socially and environmentally responsible solutions to the world’s energy needs. You’ll be learning alongside brilliant people from all over the world, with the resources and support to explore new ways of thinking and working – all in all, an unbeatable experience.
Helping you prepare
We want you to be at your best when completing the assessments, so here are some top tips and some additional background information that may help you. Ace your application prep by reviewing our application tips.
Ready to apply?
Ready to start you journey of discovery with one of the world’s most innovative businesses? Click on the ‘Apply’ button to start your application. When applying choose IT as you preferred area of interest when being asked for.
Agency calls not appreciated.