At a glance
Are you a Data Analyst, who is fascinated by the financial sector and eager to explore the world of banking products? Do you want to be part of a team of young and highly motivated Data Professionals, who are entrusted and empowered to make use of data for strategic and tactical decision making? Does the idea of an autonomous team with the freedom to learn, grow and make impact sound exciting? The Products Data Practice Center of Expertise is this and more!
In your role as an Data Analyst, you will:
- Think along with business on smart KPIs & reports, with relevant insights for the right audience
- Understand underlying processes for different products & services, and connect the dots
- Work both in individual contributor roles (leading project) and in collaboration / cocreating with multiple analysts
- Engage in complex long term projects, with focus on continuous delivery in small increments
- Extract actionable insights from large data sources, perform recurring or ad hoc analysis/ reports
- Can conduct data research/analytics on different datasets (products, transactions, channels, customers, CRM/ sales)
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and manage different stakeholders
- Practice the art of storytelling through numbers and effective visualization techniques
- Organize your work in a structured manner and effectively communicate to all parties involved
- Focus on continuous improvement and automation of existing deliverables
- Be curious, ask enough questions to deep dive and not hesitate to change/ challenge the status quo
- Remain proactive in coming up with ideas to improve/ solve (technical/ business/ data) challenges
We are a Data & Analytics CoE focussing on Transaction Banking and are responsible for serving ~5 million Personal & Business Banking customers, enabling data analytics and reporting for a vast product portfolio covering: accounts, payment cards, packages, savings, insurances, open banking APIs, trade finance, digital products like Apple Pay/ Google Pay etc. and associated sales, business & risk management processes. We contribute significantly to the revenue of the bank, also manage different regulatory and operational topics, and contribute to Objectives and Key Results set for the Personal & Business Banking Client Unit.
The team’s vision is to stimulate an environment where data is vital to everything we do.
We apply business intelligence & (advanced) analytics to explore, research and gather valuable insights ; define, report & monitor and improve performance for one or more product groups ; advise them on new proposition designs and duty of care topics ; help decide the course of action and setting priorities to achieve great customer satisfaction and vendor relations. We also act as change agents to embed a data driven mindset at all levels of the organization, thereby strengthening data maturity and literacy in the bank.
Strategic goals that are addressed:
- Create a solid and sustainable base – be in control of the products portfolio & performance
- Increase ownership, strengthen digital base – service our customer with personalized products
- Improve financial well-being of the customers – protect them from vulnerable situations and focus on customer loyalty
- Manage cost to serve – become more cost efficient, simplify and rationalize wherever possible
This Center of Expertise is where the data professionals of Transaction Banking are working at. It consists of three value streams which all have specialized in different data products (BI & Reporting, Data Analytics & Advanced Analytics). In addition, there is one enabling stream which is responsible for our cloud-based data environment. All our analysts have T-shaped profiles and next to data analytics can have different responsibilities like: Lead Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, Business Liaisons, etc. The CoE is around 25 people strong (65% Analysts + 35% Engineers & modelers) and consists of 7 nationalities which are based across the Netherlands and India. It works under guidance of Prateeksha Garg (Head of CoE) and is positioned under leadership of Robertjan Kruunenberg (Head of Transaction Banking Management & Control). We follow agile principles and work on cross grid and cross functional initiatives while collaborating with business experts, business developers, product owners, seniors and leaders – hence providing a golden opportunity for networking and serving as a knowledge haven. We have developed a culture where entrepreneurial spirit, empathy, element of fun and celebrating successes is truly appreciated. We do this by respecting and living bank’s values: Care, Collaboration and Courage!
Do you think you are a fit? Check your qualifications :
- Degree in STEM or economics/business, with an analytics focus
- 3-5 years of work experience, with at least 2 years in data/ analytical field
- Experienced in programming language such as SQL and Python
- Experience with data visualization tools like PowerBI or Tableau
- Basic understanding in Advance Analytics techniques (Forecasting, Prediction, Cluster Analysis & Machine Learning) or a willingness to learn and develop in that area
- A combination of analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, communication, and reporting skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English (and Dutch)
- Nice to have : Experience in working on azure/ databricks/ or similar cloud platforms
- Nice to have : Knowledge of agile methodology, and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Nice to have: Understanding of Data Warehouse concepts and data modelling techniques
- Nice to have: Microsoft PL-300 certification
We are offering
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours with hybrid working environment and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits (Benefit budget, work-from-home allowance, etc.)
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
- An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function
- A solid pension plan
If you want to know more about the position, feel free to reach out to one of our analysts Yannick Augustijn (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Patricia Inoue Nakagawa (email@example.com)
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.