That we’ll give you the opportunity and freedom to build or validate the most effective models. Are you ready to put your skills to the test? As a Credit Risk Modeler will you build or validate risk models that have a direct impact on bank business and the lives of millions of customers. We’ve got a challenge you can really sink your teeth into.
Making a difference
- Depending on your experience and skills, you will build, test, develop and/or validate comprehensive risk models that support the bank’s ambitions and safeguard our customers
- Think here of mathematical, data-driven credit risk models
- You will work closely with colleagues and stakeholders of all nationalities to solve highly complex challenges and establish workable models that the bank can put into practice
- You’ll work intensely with a variety of stakeholders, including Risk Management, Finance and external regulators (like DNB and ECB), IT and more
- So in addition to putting your modelling skills to the test, we’ll also ask you to contribute to the team dynamic in a positive way
Your technology stack consists of Python, Matlab, SQL and GIT, or comparable packages and programming languages.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We bring teams of talented people together to develop the next generation of risk models that not only thrill our regulators, but also drive our business forward. Both Risk Modelling (ALM & Credit) and Model Validation operate in an open atmosphere of collaboration and service. We know that no one can solve the complex challenges of risk modelling on her/his own. It takes a well-rounded team of experienced professionals who are willing to look beyond their own accomplishments and work together to achieve a common objective. Whether it’s safeguarding Rabobank’s €200 billion mortgage portfolio, or calculating the risk-reward ratio of a large multi-national wholesale client, you will play a key role in processes that affect nearly every aspect of the bank’s business.
With you as a Risk Modeler, you will strike a balance between strong leadership and open collaboration, with team members like:
Maikel, Team Lead IFRS9: “No one can solve the complex issues of modelling alone. That’s why the team works closely together to contribute to the overall result. You won’t ever hear ‘that’s not my job’. Much more often, you’ll hear, ‘how can I help?’ The person who leads this team should not be afraid to get her/his hands dirty. Every member of the team contributes. There are no ivory towers.”
If we were to ask your friends to describe you in a few key words, the answer would be: customer-focused, confident, and able to take on challenges with confidence and flexibility. For the position of Risk Modeler, you also have:
We’re searching for Credit Risk Modelers of all levels, but particularly mid- and senior-level analysts. Got what it takes to join our team? Then you will likely have:
- A master’s degree in a quantitative field (econometrics, mathematics, physics, AI or similar)
- A passion for using/developing models to solve complex problems
- Familiarity with Python would be of great value
- Experience with programming is a plus: if you speak Matlab, SQL or GIT, you’ve got a head start. If you don’t, we’ll teach you
- Minimum of 3 years experience in – and affinity for – working with data
- It’s important to note that we aren’t just looking for top Risk Modelers who are great at modelling. You’ll also need to be a true team player, with excellent communication skills in English, the ability to take other (non-analyst’s) interests into consideration. Timing is always a factor in what we do, so you will need to be able to perform well under pressure, and manage your time effectively. Flexibility and adaptability are definitely expected
Growing a better world together
Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we are also working to make the world a better place? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Actively protecting our clients by ensuring that the funds we lend and the mortgages we provide are well within acceptable risk levels;
- Working toward a new generation of risk models that not only fulfil regulatory requirements, but also allow us to expand our reach and help more people, communities and societies to thrive.Safeguarding our investments in nature, culture, agriculture and development with risk models that sustain and advance the bank’s position.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 40 hour working week), you can expect:
- A gross annual salary between €53k and €110k, depending on your experience and Seniority. This salary is based on a 40 hours contract;
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- An Employee Benefit Budget of your gross monthly salary. You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, or making extra pension contributions;
- Flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport. Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a home/work travel allowance;
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we’re looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Risk Modeler and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Casper Oosterhof at Casper.Oosterhof@rabobank.nl or on +31 610 29 30 02.
- Mohamed Chaaibi, Corporate Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Mohamed.Chaaibi@rabobank.nl or on +31 623 36 14 65.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy may include an individual assessment
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That’s why we want to know who you really are!
Please apply via the ‘Apply’ button.
Acquisition further to this vacancy is not appreciated