Compensation & Benefits Specialist
As a member of an international Compensation & Benefits team, you will provide guidance and expertise on key compensation and benefits matters to ensure our company remains competitive for talent attraction, engagement and retention. The team, spread over Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands, is responsible for developing the global compensation and benefits strategy of Vattenfall and translating it into local regulations. As Vattenfall is present within about 10 countries, we offer a good opportunity to gain knowledge about different labour markets next to the specifics of the country you are located in.
In your role as Comp & Ben specialist you will collaborate with HR and Business leaders to ensure the implementation and management of compensation and benefits programs in the Netherlands consistent with the global C&B strategy and key business initiatives and deal with projects and corporate requests for the Netherlands and other countries.
Being a subject matter expert you will:
- Deliver input to the global policies on compensation and benefits, translating them into the local regulations and taking care of the communication and implementation together with HR operations and business HR.
- Manage the annual salary review process, recommendations on salary guidelines, training for line managers and query resolution.
- Coordinate the annual payout in accordance with the Vattenfall variable pay programme.
- Carry out job evaluation and reviews of base salary levels or grading for specific positions or departments, as required.
- Analyze benchmarking information to assess current market positioning and to support the annual review of competitive pay ranges, bonus targets and market competitiveness of benefit programs.
- Deliver input to negotiations on the collective labour or company agreements and implement new regulations, defined in the agreements.
- Develop total package cost comparisons and recommendations for new hires, transfers and promotions including international assignees, foreign external hires and localizations.
- Provide management reporting information, data analysis and modelling, as required.
- Carry out analysis to support the design of new remuneration policies.
- Act as internal specialist to HR Business Partners and stay up-to-date on recent developments and trends.
- Be a key advisor in all instances where the Reward agenda may have impact on Works Council interactions and manage a high level of qualitative information towards the Works Council e.g. harmonization of benefit plans and deployment of salary structures in the Netherlands.
- Assist in maintaining, reviewing and communicating reward policies and processes.
We are looking for a pro-active Compensation & Benefits Specialist who is structured, result-oriented and has a hands-on mentality. You are approachable and feel comfortable working and communicating in an international fast-moving environment. Furthermore:
- You have a Master’s Degree within a relevant area (for example within Human Resources, Finance or Economics).
- You have approx. 2-3 years C&B experience preferably in an English-speaking, international environment.
- You have knowledge of and experience with the job evaluation methodologies (Hay and/or Mercer).
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch labor regulations and are familiar with tax and international mobility regulations.
- You have strong analytical skills and demonstrate good judgment to turn complex data into recommendations that support decision making.
- You have a high sense of responsibility, integrity and confidentiality.
- You are able to plan and prioritize your activities and work effectively with others to complete objectives.
- You have excellent MS Office skills.
- You have good written and spoken communication skills. Fluent English and Dutch are essential.
We offer an interesting and challenging fulltime job in a dynamic, international environment with a market aligned compensation and benefits package and a lot of possibilities for your personal development. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth. You will be working in our new modern head office in Amsterdam close to Bijlmer Arena station. Travelling to Stockholm or Berlin will be required from time to time.
Vattenfall is an European energy company with approximately 20.000 employees. For more than 100 years we have electrified industries, supplied energy to people’s homes and modernized our way of living through innovation and cooperation. We now want to make fossil-free living possible within one generation. To be able to reach this ambitious goal we are looking for talented individuals who, in addition to their passion for their own role, also have strong team spirit and want to contribute to supporting a meaningful corporate mission.
We welcome your application in English (including CV and cover letter) before the 11th of March 2020 via the application form.
For questions regarding the recruitment process, you’re welcome to contact Christiaan van der Horst, Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agency calls are not appreciated.