You will be an active part of the new digital world in which Tata Steel truly believes
What's your job?
Information Management/Master Data Management (IM/MDM) is responsible for defining the processes and systems for handling data and information within the Commercial organization. This includes the definition of common master data structures and the maintenance of defined data sets. IM/MDM fulfils a governance role within Commercial and aligns with its equivalents in other areas like Finance or Manufacturing. It works within the frameworks of the Commercial objectives and the commitments made with all stakeholders from other units/organisations of Tata Steel Europe (TSE).
You will be an active part of the new digital world in which Tata Steel truly believes. Meaning that TSE is investing heavily in Information Management and Master Data Management! You will be setting up TSE Commercial MDM with a main focus on customers. Next to this you will be implementing Commercial MDM tools and data models and consolidating Commercial Master Data across TSE. By doing this you are able to provide accurate, consistent and timely Commercial Master Data with a strong focus on Commercial Master Data strategy and development.
Another important aspect is defining the strategic direction for Commercial Master Data development. As well as developing policies, strategies and plans to ensure integrity and the structure of master data. Furthermore you will be defining requirements for data matching and merging rules, conducting source system analyses and data profiling for Master Data Management.
You will be working with several stakeholders in and outside Commercial on collecting master data, ensuring master data completeness, accuracy, consistency, and timeliness. Next to this maintaining TSE master data to common standards and policies and assisting with data mappings, data modelling, query design and data flow design is an important part of your job.
Our team uses several Master Data Management tools and processes, creating functional specifications for systems and configuration changes. As well as contributing to the design and development of reusable services and automated data flows, reviewing technical designs for conformance to standards and architectural requirements and setting up quality control for master data.
Is this you?
- Do you want to be an active part of the new digital world of TSE?
- Do you have a relevant Master’s Degree?
- Do you have experience in understanding your company’s Business?
- Have you built up extensive data expertise?
- Do you have a strong affinity with IT and experience with systems?
- Are you working with strong personal diligence?
- Are you capable of communicating professionally?
What do we offer?
- a unique role at a global player in the industry. A job where you will find everything to make your work as Commercial Master Data Manager interesting.
- one-year contract with a prospective of permanent contract
- a role in which you can be a company expert by bringing forth technological insights based on detailed research analyses. These insights are utilized in innovative process and product development projects.
- plenty of growth opportunities within Tata Steel
- variable bonus, fixed end of the year bonus of 2% and 8% holiday allowance
- minimum of 23 vacation days and 11.5 days ADV.
- excellent benefits including average salary scheme pension.
What's your department?
You will be part of a startup-like organisation inside Tata Steel IJmuiden, both pioneering and constantly improving! Reporting & Analytics (R&A) is a new department within Tata Steel Europe (TSE), driving the digitalisation with new tools and technologies and the application of big data and advanced analytics in the Commercial organisation. This is critical for improving the supply chain performance, optimising the stock position, directing sales and customer service and supporting marketing through a step change in the understanding of performance drivers and the application of leading-edge technologies.
R&A comprises of teams in the following functional areas, ensuring data consistency across TSE, supporting the growing needs for data management and analytics, as well as supporting Commercial steering:
- Information management, data governance and master data management
- Data engineering and reporting
- Advanced analytics and data science
- Business process management with Anaplan
- Reporting and analytics development
The capabilities of R&A are a source of competitive advantage for TSE now and in the future.
Apply or learn more?
Apply via the 'Apply' button and do not forget to upload your motivation. If you have any questions please contact Bas van Veen, Corporate Recruiter, 0251-494000.
Is this job not suitable for you, but do you know someone who fits perfectly? Please share this vacancy.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Full-time, Velsen-Noord, Information Management, Strategy Development, Quality Control.