Are you the Commercial Business Consultant who can translate market developments, customer needs and technology developments into business cases and provide new creative insights for Royal IHC?
Royal IHC is the global market leader in the construction of equipment at sea. We are an important supplier of vessels and mission equipment for the dredging, offshore, maritime and mining industry. IHC Services is part of IHC and offers 24/7 service worldwide to operators and owners of vessels and equipment. These services typically include repair, rentals, renovations, condition-based services, feasibility studies, life-cycle engineering, parts and logistics, and training and consultancy. Our mission is to be the preferred supplier of services for the offshore, dredging and mining industry.
To further strengthen the Commercial Support team of IHC Services we are hiring a Commercial Business Consultant. The Commercial Support team is a newly created team within the IHC Services sales organisation. It focusses on developing business with customers in new markets, with existing and new services and business propositions. As Commercial Business Consultant you will be responsible for supporting the IHC Services sales managers and account and segment leaders, in addition to the product cluster leaders. You will translate market developments, customer needs and technology developments into business cases and provide new creative insights. Together with the team, you will take the department to the next level and grow the IHC Services business. Within the role of Commercial Business Consultant, your duties will include the following;
- identifying and developing commercial proposals, in cooperation with your colleagues in the Sales department, product clusters and Services management team
- customising IHC Services’ suite of solutions to solve customer needs
- developing quantitative Excel models to facilitate fact-based decision-making and quantitative input into commercial proposals
- participating in sales and origination meetings with customers
- generating sales ideas for existing and new customers
- supporting the IHC Services Management team and Sales Managers with intelligence, convincing storytelling, quantitative analysis and visualisation
- identifying, developing and implementing products and services based on new business models, and managing their release/launch
- performing market, competitor and benchmark studies
- facilitating content and news for the IHC website, newsletter and social media channels
- supporting the development of annual business plans for the IHC Services product clusters
- working closely with the proposal management, equipment strategy and customer support desks within the sales organisation
- leading multidisciplinary and cross-functional teams and providing advice to the product clusters.
To be eligible for the role of Commercial Business Consultant, you must have the following:
- bachelor and/or master degree in a relevant field
- an excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- at least two years of relevant experience in the corporate finance and strategy department of a large accountancy firm, investment bank, strategy consultancy or private equity firm
- experience in transforming ideas into business cases and commercial propositions
- commercial and business acumen and an interest in the maritime, dredging, offshore and mining markets and work experience in these sectors is advantageous
- sharp-eye for developments and the ability to transfer these into concrete product and service improvement opportunities
- excellent storytelling skills and the ability to set up PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and supporting (financial) Excel models
- demonstratable ownership, drive, passion and creativity, with a high energy level and self-starter attitude
- excellent communication skills, as well as conceptual and analytical thinking capabilities
- able to deal with stakeholder management and organisational sensitivity
- eager to learn, an entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to find new ways to move the business forward.
Please note, only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. An online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
As Commercial Business Consultant Royal IHC offers you a challenging position in a dynamic environment with high growth ambitions. Your valued qualities and competencies will be put to good use both within our organisation, as well as in the marketplace. The role is also an excellent way to kick-start a corporate career at one of the leading companies in the Dutch maritime sector. The role gives excellent insight into the business of IHC and comes with significant exposure to a wide variety of internal stakeholders, with whom you can make a real difference. You will have a great opportunity to shape the role and experience tangible results from your work. As such, it is an excellent position through which to start a career path within IHC. While we aspire to be a customer-driven passionate organisation without a ‘nine to five’ mentality, we offer a better work/life balance than professional services, consultancy or the financial sector.
As Commercial Business Consultant, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Commercial Business Consultant and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the ''Apply'' button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.