Within KPN there is a big amount of data available.
We are looking for a new colleague for the following two teams: The “ACE” and the “BI Operation Steering” team, both focus on transforming raw data into valuable insights.
This transformation is done in the core parts of the Enterprise Data warehouse of KPN whereby these insights are related to the operational processes of KPN. Meanwhile we’re dealing with the rapidly growing amount of data and we would like to create as much value out of this as we possibly can.
KPN Amsterdam. Our Datawarehouse is your playing ground! Working from home is always (but now more than ever) possible.
- Team ACE has enormous amount of knowledge and experience in Business Intelligence which now will be utilized to provide insights of data for analytical and discovery purposes.
- The BI Operation Steering team has enormous amount of knowledge and experience in Business Intelligence which now will be utilized to provide insights of data for analytical and discovery purposes.
Your biggest impact
Much of what the team creates is directly used to improve customer experiences as these insights give colleagues the right information to be able to properly adjust KPN’s processes.
Your role as
Part of the job is development within the KPN’s Enterprise Data warehouse, another part is modeling, yet another is collaboration with stakeholders and the environment.
- We are a multi-disciplinary team in which everyone fulfills multiple roles. Nobody works as only a developer or only as any other role.
- Although we’re using several open-source and in-house build tools which should be mastered, it is far more important to have a data mindset, a love for data, curiosity and strong analytical capabilities.
- We’re working in scrums teams which are not only doing scrum, we are living and breathing the agile mindset. We dare to be vulnerable and open to each other, we value harmony while also giving honest feedback with a mindset to help each other grow. If you are a soloist and like to primarily work on your own, this job is not for you.
- A large part of our success is the open and safe atmosphere and can-do mentality to incrementally and sprint by sprint improve on our product as well as on our way of working and organizing.
- Our BI environment is a knowledge pool, as we have a lot of senior team members onboard that share their knowledge. Therefore, you don’t only deliver results, you also contribute to a better, more effective and more fun organization in which you will deliver products together with your team.
- We’re here because we love what we do.
What do you bring us
- You will be the lead Data DevOps engineer for the ACE team or BI Operation Steering team
- Proven experience as BI engineer or analyst with passion for data for about 7+ years.
- Never settle and open to experiment in the way of working
- DevOps modus: you build it, you own it.
- Experience working with Agile, Scrum or eager to learn Agile Way of Working.
- Good communication skills English, Dutch is an asset
- Multiple years of modelling experience within the BI field, like dimensional modelling, data vault, data marts,
- Programming and scripting skills in order to contribute to automation in our application landscape
- OBIEE / Power BI (Asset)
- GIT / Jenkins
- Knowledge of Python is an asset
- You must have EU passport, or just Dutch 🙂
Who are we
KPN is a leading provider of ICT services and a unifying factor that allows personal contact with our continuously improving technology. Are you an experienced professional with a challenging job or are you just about to start your career? Our KPN website states plenty and more reasons why to choose KPN as your (new) employer. At KPN improvement and development is key, at a personal and professional level.
What do you get in return
- Permanent contract, starting with 1-year contract and intention for a permanent contract.
- A competitive salary between €4.317 to €6.284, – based on 37-hour working week
- A bonus of 12.5% of your gross monthly salary (CAO budget), travel allowance, mobile phone and laptop, 50% discount on KPN’s products and services, excellent pension scheme, and more.
- Work in a small, high-performing team and cooperate with experts and business owners throughout KPN and its innovation ecosystem. Help bringing one of the most innovative teams within the leading telco of the Netherlands to the next level.
- Excellent development and training opportunities (KPN Academy) plus a personal training budget of € 1.500,00 In fact, we expect from you that you can continue to develop!
- Flexible work schedule.
Apply now via the ‘Apply’ button?