Are you an entrepreneurial Senior Critical Power Architect with ambitions to make the Data Centers more sustainable? If so, we – as a trendsetter and market leader in the field of energy management and distribution – are looking for you!
As a Senior Critical Power Architect you will be working within the Energy Management division,consisting of +/- 150 employees, for the business unit Medium Voltage and Systems. As a result of our success in the market and our ambition to grow further, we are looking for a Senior Critical Power Architect to create long-term, trusting relationships with our (international) Data Center clients.
In this role you will be responsible for the design, optimization and implementation of the main electrical infrastructure of a Data Center. Client contact and active involvement during the sales and execution phase will be part of your daily work. Among our clients are leading Data Center operators, consultants and (electrical) contractors. You will be a member of the Siemens international Center of Competence for Data Centers, located in the Netherlands. This group is purely focused on the Data Center market. Our clients are active globally and your home base will be The Hague. In this position you will report to Head of Center of Competence, Critical Power Data Centers.
The Energy Management Division is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions and services for the sustainable, reliable and efficient transmission and distribution of energy.
The business unit Medium Voltage and Systems is responsible for the design and implementation of medium voltage and low voltage solutions and projects. Therefore we value your in-depth and conceptual knowledge of electrical power distribution systems. In combination with Data Center specific knowledge and experience, these skills would make you the perfect candidate. However, they are not a must.
What are the responsibilities associated with the job?
- Designing the main electrical infrastructure of Data Centers, including all relevant interfaces;
- Translating design outline letters into solutions that meet and exceed the clients expectation;
- Taking ownership of the design choices with the related functional and financial impact.
- Further developing of the technical relationship with end-clients, consultants and contractors;
- Supporting the sales organization to enable the further development of global named accounts;
- Developing close relationships with Siemens (international) operating capture and execution teams.
What do you need to be considered for this post?
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in power engineering;
- At least 10 years of experience in the design of power transmission and distribution systems and / or projects ranging from medium voltage down to low voltage in critical environments, preferable Data Centers;
- Demonstrate ability to communicate, present and influence key technical stakeholders at all levels of an organization;
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail;
- You are eager and energetic, using your skills and initiative to seek out opportunity instead of waiting for it to come to you;
- You have the resilience and determination to nurture short and long design cycles;
- A special interest in interface management and creativity to think beyond the industry standards / practices;
- A flexible attitude and willingness to travel (+/- 25%, mainly short trips in Europe).
In the Netherlands we supply products, systems, installations and services. This varied range of supplies means we cover nearly all areas of electrical and electronics engineering. Dutch customers from the business world turn to us for total solutions in the fields of Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Healthcare. With these eight divisions we can provide society with the answers it needs in the face of global megatrends.
Very few organizations are active in as many countries and sectors of industry as Siemens. Worldwide some 300,000 people work for Siemens, 3000 of whom are in the Netherlands. We offer a wide range of innovative solutions for energy-efficient, industrial productivity, affordable healthcare and smart infrastructure. In everything, the focus is more and more on sustainability.
About working for Siemens
We can offer you a fulltime post in an innovative and professional working environment, with ample scope for self-development. Siemens has its own learning department offering self-training courses. You will also be entitled to 27 vacation days and 13 TCC (time credit compensation) days per year. Recognition, opportunities and possibilities are key components of working at Siemens. From flexible rewards to opportunities for voluntary work in society and from career opportunities to a safe, healthy and modern working environment. To find out more about the conditions of employment, visit our website for the answers to the question “What’s in it for you”.
Sounds interesting? Don’t delay. Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button below. Should you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Remco Sloothaak, tel. +31-651202648.
Please be aware that an occupational health check and/or assessment may form part of the application procedure. Employment agencies are requested not to respond to this vacancy.