Do you like solving complex problems in the field of data engineering? Do you like building new product solutions? Do you enjoy freedom? You find AI in general and machine learning in particular, intriguing? Seek no more! We want to talk to you!
Data Engineer with ML, Spark and Scala
Amsterdam and / or Rotterdam (you decide), fulltime position (32 – 40)
As our Data Engineer you'll be leading critical product design efforts and you will be hands on with the implementation of our core platform, data architecture, data pipeline and deal with data engineering challenges. Your role is to technically design future-proof solutions that deal with big data problems. Your ML experience will come handy as you will be the bridge between our Data Engineering and our Data Science subteams.
You can be based either in Amsterdam or Rotterdam. The choice is yours! You'll be working closely with our CTO and our product development team (with team members on both locations) on a new generation recruitment marketing online solution (SaaS product).
What you actually do
- Extend our product data architecture foundation (Revise existing ontologies and their usage in existing product)
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Deliver scalable application platform on basis of big data technologies that fit current and future data usage scenarios such as ETL, data mining, anomaly detection processes (foundation for product extensions)
- Assess and (re)design services to consume data (both high volume traffic challenges and spikes in computation demand challenges)
- Design a scalable Reporting platform (possibly near-real-time reporting)
- Be hands on on statistical data analysis and data patterns extraction to drive new business insights
- Contribute to data security design & implementation
- Safe-guard our enterprise product quality
- Contribute to Product Roadmap
- Contribute to environment and tools designs for resources efficiency
Which boxes do you tick?
(Psst…You do not need to tick all the boxes below in order to apply…)
What you see below, paints the ideal picture. Obviously, we also work well with people that have apetite to excel, foundation to build on and potential to succeed.
“Our perfect picture”:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum / Kanban)
- Product development experience – knowing what it takes to build and release versions of a future-proof product…
- Have worked before in distributed team is a plus
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, (experience with Spark/Amazon EMR, Kafka/Amazon Kinesis is a big plus)
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, etc
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc. and experience with big data ML tools such as SparkML or pattern (python)
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, NumPy
- Experience with ELK stack
- Comfort with Scala is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English
Things we cherish
- Enterpreneurial spirit
- Technical curiocity
- Good communicator
- Goal driven personality
- Lame jokes (what can I say…) & beer on Fridays 😉
What’s in it for you
First of all, you’ll be working with experienced colleagues with a strong vision on web development and software architecture, giving you a full intellectual challenge every day. Secondly you will be part of a vibrant and ambitious team counting 12 different nationalities. Thirdly, you'll participate to meetups/conferences. You will enjoy BBQs at our terrace and multi-cultural potluck lunches. Oh.. and you will have fun!
- Laptop of your preferences and two extra screens on your desk
- Flexible working hours
- Time and budget for training
- 5 weeks paid holiday per year
- Good salary and additional incentives
- Fixed term contract with an option for perm
So, does this sounds appealing to you?
Please apply by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
If you have any questions, please send an email to Marthe Blokker (Recruiter) -> email@example.com.
About VONQ & Job Marketing Platform
You will be contributing to our flagship product called Job Marketing Platform (JMP). It’s a (big) data-driven application with a recommendation engine to serve multiple personas. JMP incorporates the team’s learnings and best practices including CQRS and event sourcing. Although it’s a young product we’re practicing LEAN methodology to gradually evolve it in a modular way and having a very ambitious roadmap in mind.